Sign in to follow this  

Anyone installed a Garmin 390LM Zumo on their CRF250L

HI I have Garmin 390LM Zumo mounted on my Kawasaki ER-6F and I would like to be able to use the GPS on my new CRF250L however I need to get a mount and power cable. 

I would like to use the same mounting system and Garmin cradle as came with my Zumo but I cant find them anywhere. Does anyone know if they are available without buying the whole GPS package?

Any tips etc gratefully received.

Thanks

You can get them direct from Garmin. Mount and cable are about 60 bucks. You'll still need the RAM components for it.

Edited by IaWinger

Interesting, I have not been able to find the mount and I was not aware there was a RAM component, mine all came in the box from Garmin. I cant see the right mount on the link you posted either?

Does anyone have am part number or numbers for the full mount and cable?

Thats great thanks I have found them now:

For anyone else finding this post I believe the parts required are:

1. Motorcycle Mount Bracket - Part Number: 010-11843-00
  2. Motorcycle Power Cable - Part Number: 010-11843-01
  3. RAM Mounting Kit - Part Number: 010-10962-00

OK now that I have ordered the parts I need to work out how to get a switched supply on my CRF250L.

Has anyone found an easy way of connecting to a switched supply?  

gnath9 thanks for relay stuff, still have the same problem of where to find a switched supply thats easy to access on the CRF250L.

Anyone got any ideas as I am hoping to install the GPS this weekend.

gnath9 thanks for relay stuff, still have the same problem of where to find a switched supply thats easy to access on the CRF250L.

Anyone got any ideas as I am hoping to install the GPS this weekend.

If you are talking about just where to tap into for power that shuts off with the key ..... it seems a lot of people like to tap into the tail lamp wire. If it were me I would want my GPS to stay powered up with the key off so I would just wire it direct to the battery .....  :excuseme:

I personally do not have any electronics wired to my bike but, I have a Sena 20S paired to my phone and get voice turn by turn thru my helmet.