Sign in to follow this  

Custom Fabricated Front Chainsaw Mount / Lot's of Pics!

So I do a lot of trail work and clearing throughout the season and have built my own front Chainsaw rack with lighting and locks.  This is version 3 of the original design and is very clean and functional. I ride all the time with it and never notice it is even there besides the fact I can see it. :lol:

The base of it is made from restaurant cutting board, a couple of beefy L brackets, hand full of assorted allen screws and nut plates.

The vapor mount is just aluminum plating cut to fit the vapor. Then a piece of 1" angle aluminum for light and dash mounting points.

Here are a few pics and let me know what you think.

I do have a 4"Led light bar on the way that will replace the cheap driving light currently on there.

20141006_143802.jpg

20141006_143911.jpg

20141006_144015.jpg

20141006_143834.jpg

20141006_144316.jpg

20141006_144343.jpg

20141006_144328.jpg

20141006_144643.jpg

20141006_144657.jpg

20141006_144852.jpg

• Like 6

that is definitely wild and some good engineering .. im missing the part that explains the meaning of it all though .. do you use the saw for work? or are you just trail blazing?

Edited by cowpie

Dude thats way smarter than my way ( strapped to my backpack with bar up in the air.) Its trail poaching. I actually showed up to a small fire on my bike, and gave fire fighters specific insight to the trails. Firefighter gave me a knowing look and said " we're sure glad somebody cut those "fire breaks" for us" air quotes and all.

Disappointing. First off, it's mounted backwards, and second, too far back. You need to have it set up so you can cut through down trees at 30 mph! :ride:

• Like 2

I am not gonna tell you how ugly i think that is for fear of running into you while trail riding.    :devil:  :p

IMG_0544.jpg

• Like 1

That is actually pretty badass. I know it'd turn more than a few heads if you road that down the road around town!

Yeah because looking at the rest of my bike its definitely all about the bling ron. Lol. Functionality is key. I hear ya though it is kinda beastly.

Cowpie, I clear existing trail systems as I ride.

• Like 1

Maybe the "Jason" facemask would be a nice addition to the overall look...

Nice job on the design and fabrication, it looks great.

• Like 1

The MS180 has a toolless bar nut.  Have you given any thought to just removing the bar to avoid damage in case of a drop.  Not that you'd ever tip over.  =)

Very nice .... my Z has logged a few miles with a saw up front ... although these days I've been more into packing camping gear!

DRZChainsawRack008.jpg

DRZChainsawRack009.jpg

In a tip over the bar never even comes close to hitting the ground as the handlebar ends make that almost impossible. Oh and I still take the occasional dirt nap. Lol

Also the ims 4 gallon take provides another protection spot.

Yeah because looking at the rest of my bike its definitely all about the bling ron. Lol. Functionality is key. I hear ya though it is kinda beastly.

Cowpie, I clear existing trail systems as I ride.

Come to the Durango area, I could give you a couple weeks worth of work.  I call the forest service guy around here and give them the GPS locations of downed trees/trail blockages and it takes about a month or longer before they're cleared off. 

For some reason I clicked on this post expecting the chainsaw with blade out forward like a unicorn,spinning...spikes on the side of the bike...with blood a zombie guts... sorry guys I'm watching too much walking dead...

• Like 1