Kroc on pulpmx show last night... straight dissin the KTM

Anyone catch the podcast last night?   Yeah me either but I have been listening on/off today.  Great show so far by the way if Mathes ever visits our humble abode...... anyway, Kroc pretty much burned the KTM bridge down and his major beef is with the suspension and steel frame.  What do you orange kool aid drinking bitches have to say about that?    ?

If you missed it listen here:  http://pulpmxshow.com/ 

Damn good radio - Zach Osbourne was a good interview too. 

P.S. If you ever get a chance to try Knee Deep's "Simtra"  triple IPA jump at the chance!   I love you man !!!!  

• Like 3

"Kroc pretty much burned the KTM bridge down and his major beef is with the suspension and steel frame.  What do you orange kool aid drinking bitches have to say about that?    :smirk:"

Thanks for the link ?

Wow he really did Burn that Bridge. 

Well if he feels he has a better bike now and fails this season he's only got himself to blame.. shoot_me-1022.gif

• Like 5

I see his comments as a description of a "feel" he was not comfortable/confident with. I have owned many different brands and for me, the KTM has always had a unique feel(handling). He grew up on yellow bikes and the difference in the two is huge. He may not have articulated his thoughts as well as some would like but I really did not see him dissing KTM. He stated he was never comfortable with the overall suspension/handling of the steel frame and susp. He did not say or even imply the KTM was junk. And as far as winning the championship, its all about the rider 93% of the time.

• Like 3

I see his comments as a description of a "feel" he was not comfortable/confident with. I have owned many different brands and for me, the KTM has always had a unique feel(handling). He grew up on yellow bikes and the difference in the two is huge. He may not have articulated his thoughts as well as some would like but I really did not see him dissing KTM. He stated he was never comfortable with the overall suspension/handling of the steel frame and susp. He did not say or even imply the KTM was junk. And as far as winning the championship, its all about the rider 93% of the time.

You're right... he stopped just short of saying KTM was shit  ? 

• Like 3

I'm more interested in that IPA ?  11.25% ABV is certainly a plus ha ha.  Does it have that citrus / grapefruit flavor?  One of my favorites is the Ithaca Brewing Company Flower Power IPA - good stuff if you can get it near you.

I hope Ken continues to do well, but will slightly enjoy it if he doesn't.

• Like 1

I'm more interested in that IPA ?  11.25% ABV is certainly a plus ha ha.  Does it have that citrus / grapefruit flavor?  One of my favorites is the Ithaca Brewing Company Flower Power IPA - good stuff if you can get it near you.

I hope Ken continues to do well, but will slightly enjoy it if he doesn't.

It is gooooood !    I don't remember if it had a citrus flavor  ?     I will look for the Ithaca Brewing flower power next beer run :cheers: 

It is gooooood !    I don't remember if it had a citrus flavor  ?     I will look for the Ithaca Brewing flower power next beer run :cheers:

Damn - I checked the Knee Deep web site; it doesn't look like they have any distributors in the northeast.  :(  I'll have to check with my local BD - they can usually special order stuff if you ask.

• Like 1

Damn - I checked the Knee Deep web site; it doesn't look like they have any distributors in the northeast.   :(  I'll have to check with my local BD - they can usually special order stuff if you ask.

What are the laws as far as say someone buying and mailing it to you ?  

What are the laws as far as say someone buying and mailing it to you ?  

I've been given "Beers of the Month" as Christmas gifts and it gets delivered to the house just fine ?.  I'm assuming a shipment to CA of, say, something from the Ithaca Brewing Company would also be ok?  PM for details ?  I'm heading home now - will catch up later.

Oh and bring on Dean Wilson!

I think it would be interesting if you could ever get Dungey to speak honestly about the bike.

I bet that him & KR would agree on a lot of things.

Yep. I think Dungey has times when he just does not trust the bike and his results/performance varies. Word is that KTM will have huge changes in '16 to address current issues. We all want to think our brand is the best but sometimes overindulgence in koolaid can cloud our judgement.

Edited by YHGEORGE
  • Like 4

sounds like he knows he didn't like it  .......... what else does he need to know ? ......... should he keep riding one and keep his opinion to himself so the KTM crowd can bask in his glory ?

I was actually kidding, he laid out pretty specific things he didn't like about the KTM. He's not the first guy to not like the bike that much.

If I were a top tier rider like KR and KTM was making a special edition bike every year for my team mate (competitor) I might be inclined to move on as well. I get why he left KTM, that doesn't mean I can't be bitter about it. ?