Sign in to follow this  

Favorite Front Tire

Matt suggest riding on 6 year old tire with half the nobs missing wasn't a good idea.

So what's your to pick. Need it before my next ride.

• Like 1

Front tire

Bridgestone M403 90/100 -21

x2 . . . best tire I've run on both the 450 and 2 smoke.  Predictable, less washy, and the outside knobs don't rip off as fast on the 450 compared to the MX51 and other tires I'd tried.

• Like 2

No consensus..what do you know about the Kendra Washougal?

I've never heard of the Kendra tire company, I suspect spellwreck had something to do with that one, but Kenda makes the washougal in multiple compounds. My personal experience with it after using Maxxis desert, Pirelli scorpion, Dunlop 's mx 51, Bridgestones 403 is that it's a solid grippy tire that to this point has held up well. I ride a lot of rocky stuff as well as some track and I'm swearing by it. Everyone has their own favorite, this one is mine. I'd say that numerically it would be (for me)

1-Kenda washougal-tacky and large aggressive knobs

2-Bridgestone 403- durable and all around good tire

3-Pirelli scorpion medium- kinda stiff and quick wear

4-Dunlop mx51- tacky soft and doesn't last long

5-Maxxis desert it- hard as &%$#@! and no traction

• Like 1

I've never heard of the Kendra tire company, I suspect spellwreck had something to do with that one, but Kenda makes the washougal in multiple compounds. My personal experience with it after using Maxxis desert, Pirelli scorpion, Dunlop 's mx 51, Bridgestones 403 is that it's a solid grippy tire that to this point has held up well. I ride a lot of rocky stuff as well as some track and I'm swearing by it. Everyone has their own favorite, this one is mine. I'd say that numerically it would be (for me)

1-Kenda washougal-tacky and large aggressive knobs

2-Bridgestone 403- durable and all around good tire

3-Pirelli scorpion medium- kinda stiff and quick wear

4-Dunlop mx51- tacky soft and doesn't last long

5-Maxxis desert it- hard as &%$#@! and no traction

another plus is the Kenda is 20 bucks cheaper than everything else

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys. Think I'll try out the Washougal this time around.

best price + top pick = buy

No consensus..what do you know about the Kendra Washougal?

I have a kenda millville and love it. Not the same tire, but it i've got nothing bad to say about the traction or wear of my tire.

• Like 1

I'm back...was ready to pulled the trigger on a 80/100 21 Washougal, stock is 90/100 21. Seemed like many riders are going with larger tire size with no problem. Thought I better check my rim width to make sure it'll fit.

I'm not finding and measurements on the rim. Seems I need a 2.15 width min. Think my stock rim width is 1.6. Don't know if they are stock rims on my bikes.

Does anyone know how to measure the rim width properly or where the markings (specs) should be on the rim?

Thanks.

I'm back...was ready to pulled the trigger on a 80/100 21 Washougal, stock is 90/100 21. Seemed like many riders are going with larger tire size with no problem. Thought I better check my rim width to make sure it'll fit.

I'm not finding and measurements on the rim. Seems I need a 2.15 width min. Think my stock rim width is 1.6. Don't know if they are stock rims on my bikes.

Does anyone know how to measure the rim width properly or where the markings (specs) should be on the rim?

Thanks.

It will fit, its a matter of how wide of a tire you want, some guys like a thinner tire, some the larger one, I use the wider/taller ones.

Thanks.

Just look at the tire size that you have on there now, mat h up the #s and yer done. I have a Dunlop mx 51 and a b-stone 403 both with about 80% left if you wanna save a few bucks. Take your pick, that way you can try them out to see what you like. ;)