Fastway Steering Stabilizer Mounting

Damn this was not fun!

So I had an IMS 3.1 tank and there was no way I could get the mount to drop on as the tank has a funny mount that comes really close to the head tube. So I called Acerbis. They assured me that their design would be perfect with the 4.1 tank that I needed anyway for my Baja 1000 pre-run.

Well I had to heat gun melt the tank to make it work...scary, but in the end it all worked out. ride report to follow.

IMG_8634_zpsb0ffe439.jpg

IMG_8705_zpsa7dc9844.jpg

Edited by jimmyh

Looks great!  How about a pic of the light!

I love this light. 6-(5w) LED bulbs, 30watt draw, 2,700 lumens. Pic is pre new tank

null_zps11acd731.jpg

Edited by jimmyh

Awesome!!

I just dig bling.

Alright fellas, got her all beefed up with big Acerbis tank, steering stabilizer, fresh tires, chain, sprockets 14/45, brakes, etc.

Ready for 1,275 miles of Baja. Not racing, just prerunning the course starting Monday 11/10. Hope to be near La Paz when the race catches us. Representing Green!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1414876541.283519.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1414876574.365937.jpg

Sweet, be safe!!

Damn this was not fun!

So I had an IMS 3.1 tank and there was no way I could get the mount to drop on as the tank has a funny mount that comes really close to the head tube. So I called Acerbis. They assured me that their design would be perfect with the 4.1 tank that I needed anyway for my Baja 1000 pre-run.

Well I had to heat gun melt the tank to make it work...scary, but in the end it all worked out. ride report to follow.

IMG_8634_zpsb0ffe439.jpg

IMG_8705_zpsa7dc9844.jpg

Jimmy, how as the Fastway damper been?  Looking at this kit for mine.

Thanks Alex!

IMG_3456.jpg

Now that's nice.

IMG_3463.jpg