ACCT to MCCT

Ive got a 2014 SM and it currently has 390 miles on her. I just did and oil change and while I was doing that I did the stator and flywheel loctite fixes. Everything was pretty dang tight and the flywheel bolts already had blue loctite on them. I reinstalled them with Red loctite. I have reading over the FAQ and a few other post on the ACCT. It semed that in 03 and newer Suzuki changed the design on the ACCT. Some have already changed to a MCCT and others have left the OEM ACCT. My question is will the OEM be ok or should I swap to a MCCT? Funds are a little tight now but I definitely dont want to make things worse but causing future damage. I ride my bike to work in short trips under 40mph but I rip on it just because its so damn fun to ride! Just wanted to get the census from the DRZ gods!

The late model ACCT's aren't known to fail like the previous models, but they still put way more pressure on the cam chain than is needed, causing premature cam chain wear.

The late model ACCT's aren't known to fail like the previous models, but they still put way more pressure on the cam chain than is needed, causing premature cam chain wear.

So would you recommend that I change as soon as I can?

Ive got a 2014 SM and it currently has 390 miles on her. I just did and oil change and while I was doing that I did the stator and flywheel loctite fixes. Everything was pretty dang tight and the flywheel bolts already had blue loctite on them. I reinstalled them with Red loctite. I have reading over the FAQ and a few other post on the ACCT. It semed that in 03 and newer Suzuki changed the design on the ACCT. Some have already changed to a MCCT and others have left the OEM ACCT. My question is will the OEM be ok or should I swap to a MCCT? Funds are a little tight now but I definitely dont want to make things worse but causing future damage. I ride my bike to work in short trips under 40mph but I rip on it just because its so damn fun to ride! Just wanted to get the census from the DRZ gods!

i have a 2004, it's acct failed. i've seen a 2008 that failed, and a 2005. do the MCCT and ride for the next 40,000 miles. 

Some people won't ride the bike without doing the "fixes".... My buddy installed the mcct o his 2014 and ended up taking it off cause it would not stay adjusted properly not saying that's the case with all but I am saying I don't think this is a fix that is absolutely mandatory before riding the bike... You will be fine to ride for now until you can afford it, that is if its something you feel is necessary to do... At 7k miles on my 2013 bike runs and sounds like it did when I bought it...

Ive got a 2014 SM and it currently has 390 miles on her.

You only have 390 miles on the bike so far, you do not need to buy the MCCT today, just make it part of your plan for the future.  If you wait until you have 10K miles on the bike you will probably need to replace the chain, but if you replace the ACCT before getting a lot of miles on it, you will greatly extend the life of the chain and have piece of mind.  :thumbsup:

Some people won't ride the bike without doing the "fixes".... My buddy installed the mcct o his 2014 and ended up taking it off cause it would not stay adjusted properly not saying that's the case with all but I am saying I don't think this is a fix that is absolutely mandatory before riding the bike... You will be fine to ride for now until you can afford it, that is if its something you feel is necessary to do... At 7k miles on my 2013 bike runs and sounds like it did when I bought it...

your buddy didn't know how to adjust it. it's just a bolt with a jam nut, nothing to come 'out of adjustment' for 10-15,000 miles if it's installed correctly. your 7k mile bike might be 1/2 or 2/3 of the way through it's chain's life, thanks to the constant pressure of the acct. but hey, that's a long way off. 

So would you recommend that I change as soon as I can?

I wouldn't worry about it. Still got the original one from 2002.

1412919405710.jpg