Lectron owners question

I just installed a Lectron shorty on my 13 YZ 250. The bike is like new, Bought it new last month. I installed a GYTR pipe and shorty silencer, and a Rekluse Core 3.0. The bike ran great. I installed my new Lectron shorty carb a couple weeks ago. The bike fired right up, and it runs great. The issue is the idle, It wonders alittle. 

At start up it idles fine, then it will slowly idle down, then I give the idle screw a small turn and bring it up to what I feel is normal. it will stay there then either slowly drop or rise a couple hundred RPM. It just never settles in anywhere, and it drives me crazy, especially with the Rekluse. The stock carb does not do this so I dont feel there is any air leaks. 

I want to adjust the needle, but not really sure if its lean or rich. It runs fine, just cant seem to stop the idle from moving around. Anyone with a Lectron have any ideas as which way to adjust, richer or leaner as a starting point. 

I just installed a Lectron shorty on my 13 YZ 250. The bike is like new, Bought it new last month. I installed a GYTR pipe and shorty silencer, and a Rekluse Core 3.0. The bike ran great. I installed my new Lectron shorty carb a couple weeks ago. The bike fired right up, and it runs great. The issue is the idle, It wonders alittle. 

At start up it idles fine, then it will slowly idle down, then I give the idle screw a small turn and bring it up to what I feel is normal. it will stay there then either slowly drop or rise a couple hundred RPM. It just never settles in anywhere, and it drives me crazy, especially with the Rekluse. The stock carb does not do this so I dont feel there is any air leaks. 

I want to adjust the needle, but not really sure if its lean or rich. It runs fine, just cant seem to stop the idle from moving around. Anyone with a Lectron have any ideas as which way to adjust, richer or leaner as a starting point.

A lectron is MORE sensitive to air leaks than your pwk. If it's hunting at idle then you may have an air leak. You can quickly do a test though and simply do 1 full turn out or in on the needle to see what happens. Won't take you more than 10 minutes to test both changes. After the bike is warmed up how many turns out are you on the idle screw?

Richen the needle a bit. I found this helped.

Seems like he should lean the needle a bit if it's loading up and dying.  This helped me.

Richen the needle a bit. I found this helped.

The bike does not die when the idle drops, it just drops to a very low idle. I turned the needle in 1/2 turn and it seemed to help some. May try another 1/2 turn in.