Loose Pro Curcuit Header Pipe?

I just bought a 2009 rmz 250 with a Pro Circuit Ti-4r exhaust system on it and it's my first 250f. The header moves slightly up and down even though the collar where it bolts to the engine is tight. It's loose where the header meets the muffler. The bike runs fine despite this problem but is this something that needs to be fixed?

I just bought a 2009 rmz 250 with a Pro Circuit Ti-4r exhaust system on it and it's my first 250f. The header moves slightly up and down even though the collar where it bolts to the engine is tight. It's loose where the header meets the muffler. The bike runs fine despite this problem but is this something that needs to be fixed?

I'm pretty sure slight movement is actually normal. But, you of course don't want it to be loose enough to be able to be pulled out. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

It definitely can't come out, just loose enough to wiggle and vibrate sometimes while the bike is running

Normal for most aftermarket exhaust. They mount using a flanged collar to the head. Then the header slips over this collar and the muffler slips on over the other end, leaving the header to be somewhat free floating. The flus side is in a crash, the header can 'give' Vs transferring all the force of an impact to the engine. The downside is they are prone to exhaust leaks which promotes decel popping and exhaust leak stains.

Normal for most aftermarket exhaust. They mount using a flanged collar to the head. Then the header slips over this collar and the muffler slips on over the other end, leaving the header to be somewhat free floating. The flus side is in a crash, the header can 'give' Vs transferring all the force of an impact to the engine. The downside is they are prone to exhaust leaks which promotes decel popping and exhaust leak stains.

That makes sense thanks for the info