Different chains?

Looking for a new chain. Suggestions? Maybe suzuki's heavy duty? For street and dirt.

DID 520 VX2 .. JT steel sprockets

+1 on the DID VX2 chain - I went with the AFAM Superlite steel sprockets on my SM.

1412756121367.jpg

Looking for a new chain. Suggestions? Maybe suzuki's heavy duty? For street and dirt.

change the front sprocket half way through the chain's life, and it will last a good deal longer. 

a regular oring chain will last a long time if you clean and lube it LIGHTLY. 

im running both renthal sprocket and chain combo, i believe the chain is a renthal r3 o ring chain, seems to be pretty nice so far

Is it true that the chain stretches over time? My chain still bounces around even though I've tensioned it as tight as it will go

Is it true that the chain stretches over time? My chain still bounces around even though I've tensioned it as tight as it will go

Yes

Though it is technically not stretching, chain length will increase over time.

I hope you don't literally mean the chain is tight... And you just mean the adjusters are maxed out.

The chain needs 1.6-2" of free play when pulled up and down from the swing arm.

So yeah I've maxed out the adjusters and the chain didn't bounce around when I engine braked and now it is slowly starting to rattle when I engine brake. Rode my buddy's DRZ 400 and his chain makes no noise when engine braking.

Though it is technically not stretching, chain length will increase over time.

Correct.

It's the wear in the pins and rollers which causes the chain to get longer/stretch.

im running both renthal sprocket and chain combo, i believe the chain is a renthal r3 o ring chain, seems to be pretty nice so far

I have ordered the renthal chain. I want to have a well balanced low and high speed distribution. Do I keep the same sprocket lay up?

DRZ trashes the front sprockets very quickly (under 10,000 miles), depending on the film strength of your lube the rear steel might be okay up to double that.

But you cant just write them off, you have to know what your looking for.