I'm about to purchase the kit, but have a few questions before. How do you change your filter? Do you have to take of your shroud plastics or?

The shroud plastics should be slightly thinner? Has anyone experienced any boot stuck with the shrouds? I had that problem with my KX250F, and this Cycra's shroud plastic isn't as curved as the stock one.

Cycra powerflow plastics are not OEM replicias...they are made that way to enhance the air flow to the air box and or enhance the air flow over the rads...I'm gonna assume you change your air filter as you normaly would with the OEM plastics...if you want stiffer OEM style plastics I would go with acerbis...I can't help with the " stuck boot" problem you have...

I was kind of wondering the same thing about the airbox removal. So if you got a '15 with the no-tools fasteners, you'd not be able to use them anyways, if you convert to the Powerflow shrouds, or am I wrong about that?

I'm gonna assume cycra will make the powerflow shrouds to go on and off like OEM...I have yet to see cycra say you need a differ bolt kit or vice versa to use " our " plastics...

It's not about the bolts themselves. The OEM shrouds are separate pieces and the whole top part (that make up the airbox) has the 3 turn-fasteners that allow it to pop off w/o tools. The cycra shrouds appear to be all one piece on the side (and up to a section of what is the oem airbox), which wouldn't allow for use of anything but a normal bolt (to keep the shroud in place). It looks to me that the complete shroud would need to be removed to access the airbox, that is my question. I don't know for sure, of course, which is why I am asking. 

Edited by ah665

It's not about the bolts themselves. The OEM shrouds are separate pieces and the whole top part (that make up the airbox) has the 3 turn-fasteners that allow it to pop off w/o tools. The cycra shrouds appear to be all one piece on the side (and up to a section of what is the oem airbox), which wouldn't allow for use of anything but a normal bolt (to keep the shroud in place). It looks to me that the complete shroud would need to be removed to access the airbox, that is my question. I don't know for sure, of course, which is why I am asking.

. Hey bud I finally got my 250f 3 weeks ago I love it it handles like it's on rails it's in the shop getting full fmf exaust gold did chain blue rear sprockets.

I got the pipe in my deal the bike is a ripper I just wanted to hit you up haven't talked to you in a while.

I'm with you Quake would love to see some close ups on the bike and how they come apart. 

I have these shrouds. You do not have to remove the whole shroud to get at the filter just the small top piece. you still have to loosen 3 bolts like the stock set up, the top 8 mil one and the flat head allen bolts that are included that go through the shroud and hold the top piece to it. no easier or harder than it was stock. definitely have a narrower better feel than stock. you really notice it in deep ruts when your foot is up high and way up by the front fender. don't really notice it when just sitting on the bike but much better when cornering.

• Like 3

@ Quake ...no issues of boot snagging they are curved well enough in the front

I have these shrouds, excellent investment, they offer a slightly slimmer feel at the knees when your getting forward for cornering and there was a obvious improvement in performance with the added air flow. The only down side I have noticed is now there are two different bolts holding the middle air box cover, which isn't really an issue as I have never found the need for quick release fasteners, a tool or two doesn't seem like a huge deal. The air filter does get dirtier a bit quicker, there are a couple cut outs on top for air flow as well as a much straighter intake by the rad and you can hear the intake a bit more then the stock setup, but nothing that would stop me from buying them again.

• Like 2

I saw this and this is why I thought the shrouds needed to come off to access the airbox. I was hoping someone that has them can clarify.

Anyone notice the cut out in the tank it looks like ?

Is that to accommodate something different in their kit ?, thinking you dont have to replace the tank with one of theirs ?

I don't have anything to compare to but I just picked up Mackenzie Trickers 2014 national bike for my daughter and it has this kit on it. It seems to fit nice and is def narrower than a stock bike. I can see how the filter will get dirty faster than the stock set up as it's a straight shot to get air in. Changing the filter is a breeze. I've got the quick release kit but had to take the d-rings off on the sides as they don't fit in the holes. Haven't had the bike out yet but running on the stand it sure seems pretty rowdy and revs like crazy. Gonna try and head out on Sunday for some indoor testing. Minnesota winters suck.

I have these shrouds, excellent investment, they offer a slightly slimmer feel at the knees when your getting forward for cornering and there was a obvious improvement in performance with the added air flow. The only down side I have noticed is now there are two different bolts holding the middle air box cover, which isn't really an issue as I have never found the need for quick release fasteners, a tool or two doesn't seem like a huge deal. The air filter does get dirtier a bit quicker, there are a couple cut outs on top for air flow as well as a much straighter intake by the rad and you can hear the intake a bit more then the stock setup, but nothing that would stop me from buying them again.

Hi. What sort of power improvement did you get?

Cheers Matt

I was told by someone at Rock River that a 250 actually loses power on a dyno compared to stock. I'll trade .5 hp for the much improved feel.