Sign in to follow this  

2007 CRF450R dated.... what's next?

I know I have one of the best 450 Hondas, pending what 2015 is like, but I want a new bike. I am a Vet rider (48) but race younger age classes so I consider myself above average B class speed. I am open to a new brand for the first time ever, I am a loyal Honda customer with few exceptions. (KTM Woods bike and one Kawasaki street bike) I have been thinking KTM350SXF or KTM250SX  but of all the brands I hear current KTM forks are bastards to work on for service and revalve. I hear good things about the new Suzuki 450 but have never owned a Suzuki and the new Yamaha sounds promising as well.

I am open to feedback if it's reasonable, I'm not going to consider advice like "go green it's the only way" ...etc....

Thanks Folks

I really love my 14 rmz 450. My history was a new 2006 crf 250 that i loved and rode the guts out of. I was a very loyal honda fan. Then made a brand switch to ktm and got a new 08 250 sx (2 stroke). I decided i didnt like how the ktm handled. And thats important to me but i still rode it until i just bought this new rmz which is honestly the best bike iv ever owned. It has quirks like all bikes but has incredible power and honestly handles SO well.

I really love my 14 rmz 450. My history was a new 2006 crf 250 that i loved and rode the guts out of. I was a very loyal honda fan. Then made a brand switch to ktm and got a new 08 250 sx (2 stroke). I decided i didnt like how the ktm handled. And thats important to me but i still rode it until i just bought this new rmz which is honestly the best bike iv ever owned. It has quirks like all bikes but has incredible power and honestly handles SO well.

edit: let me clerify. My ktm handled well... Just not like what i was used to. I never did get comfortable on it

If I was going to get a new bike right now it would be the ktm 250sx idk why really I just like them

If I was going to get a new bike right now it would be the ktm 250sx idk why really I just like them

I like two-strokes... I have not had a ton of success remembering to short shift the 450. Considering I have put a tick over 100 hours on it you would think that lesson would have stuck by now.

i grew up racing yz 2 strokes and switched to kawasaki 450f for 6 years. the kx450's are good race bikes. mine felt heavy but i liked it. it was faster than most other brand 450's going up hills it would have an edge on everyone i was trying to catch. also holeshoted  or was top 3 most of the races i entered. just sold a 2014 yz250 2 stroke i loved it but i didnt race this year from being injured. if i buy another bike i would like to get a 450 kx but the forks arent appealing to me. i liked my old setup enough that i would just buy old forks off ebay to bolt on and have durham @ pr2 set them up just like my others. the engine held up good but i am always changing my oil with expensive spectro and i was a filter nazi. that might have helped the motor last so good but i also run low gearing 13/52 and revved the crap out of the bike under a load. no free revving over jumps. no issues whats so ever. i used hinson clutch packs and with procircuit springs they worked great. The power of the kx450 on the track works good i recomend it for 450's 

• Like 1