Had To Change My Shorts

Thought I'd post this in the dirt bike section, just because there'd be more relateability.

Took the V65 Magna out to carve turns in Hell, Mi a few days ago (I'm literally 5 minutes away). Hit a turn a bit faster than I had meant to, and this was the result (the back tire REALLY wanted to disappear on me). Even though it weighs 600lbs, it can carve quite well (all things considered)!! The thin line of rubber on the side marks the sidewall, and the marked up area is about 3/8'' in width. Tire is a 140/80-16 Dunlop D404.

IMG_20141006_150541_602_zps05iv5ery.jpg

What're your guys' biggest (or most memorable) "Had To Change My Shorts" moments?

I hit a coconut (lol) wide open 5th gear and it was all over, bike went one way I went another. I unbelievably did not get hurt but it tore my shirt all to hell!

I almost ran into a moose on the trails a couple months ago. Didn't think it was strange it was there because I've seen them before, although from a distance.

Anyways, hit the back brake, bike slid, but didn't stop, and I ended up about 15 to 20 feet away. The thing looked at me like I'm crazy and just walked into the woods.

Anyone ever almost whiskey throttle into a tree, but missed and wondered how they didn't just smash into it?

I grew up on a ranch when I was a kid. I was out cruising on my XR 80, when a Bald Eagle randomly decided to swoop down from a power pole and buzz my head. They look enormous up close!

Doing 165 on the road between I-10 and Sonoita, AZ on my Honda CB1100F back in the mid 80s.  Had one of those huge jackrabbits run out in front of me.  I think I probably went from 165 to around 50 in record time.  Lucky that bike was so stable, was pretty much a street legal superbike for the time.

honda-cb1100f-1983.jpg

Edited by cjjeepercreeper

4th gear tank slapper on a 28 year old Suzuki GSXR-750

Doing 165 on the road between I-10 and Sonoita, AZ on my Honda CB1100F back in the mid 80s. Had one of those huge jackrabbits run out in front of me. I think I probably went from 165 to around 50 in record time. Lucky that bike was so stable, was pretty much a street legal superbike for the time.

honda-cb1100f-1983.jpg

This is a horrible teenage stupid story.

I bought a gsxr 1000, I chipped modded it. I was going out one night. No helmet or glasses. Just trying to ride the block. Stupid I know ( I don't ride without either usually )

Well I got a phone call from a buddy. He was in a bad situation and needed a pick up. About 30 miles away. I didn't think twice. I jumped on i75 south and as I got on the entrance ramp I gave her gas. I hit 110 in 3rd. A cop light me up... I kept going.. I ended up at 193 mph as I hopped off the ramp, locked up both tires. Slid all the way down, through the intersection over the median, through the other intersection over the curb into the grass. Never crashed. I started it back up, and high tailed it to my buddy's. Got him out of there to my other buddy's. And couldn't believe I lived through that. God was with me.. Repainted my bike, and didn't ride for 2 weeks... The speed. Didn't scare me, the quick stop did...

I have hit 201 on a track, 193 on the highway. Got it is great.. But so stupid.

It was very early am.

I bought a gsxr 1000, I chipped modded it. I was going out one night. No helmet or glasses. Just trying to ride the block. Stupid I know ( I don't ride without either usually )

Well I got a phone call from a buddy. He was in a bad situation and needed a pick up. About 30 miles away. I didn't think twice. I jumped on i75 south and as I got on the entrance ramp I gave her gas. I hit 110 in 3rd. A cop light me up... I kept going.. I ended up at 193 mph as I hopped off the ramp, locked up both tires. Slid all the way down, through the intersection over the median, through the other intersection over the curb into the grass. Never crashed. I started it back up, and high tailed it to my buddy's. Got him out of there to my other buddy's. And couldn't believe I lived through that. God was with me.. Repainted my bike, and didn't ride for 2 weeks... The speed. Didn't scare me, the quick stop did...

It was very early am.

LOL, at least I wore full leathers and a Bell Star helmet. ;)

Racing a local enduro here in southern ohio, they pop us out of the woods, and out into a higher speed field section. I get on it on my crf250x, glance back to make sure my buddies still there (cuz its just a field right nothings gonna surprise me there). Next thing i know i turn back around to find a jump covered in grass(not man made) that had been somewhat camouflaged from further back. It's already too late for brakes, so i just gave it even more (this being in 5th gear already) to make sure the bike stayed level in the air. Buddy saw it and told me the bottom of my tires were at least 8ft off the ground, and it was just flat ground for a landing. Might not seem scary for a motocross guy, but for a woods racer with a woods suspension, it scared the crap outta me.  

LOL, at least I wore full leathers and a Bell Star helmet. ;)

Yea I needed toilet paper, unfortunately I wasn't off road or I would have had it!! Haha

It was very early am.

Crazy story!

I don't want it to sound like I'm saying helmets don't matter, but if you were to wreck at that speed I don't think a helmet would help you.

I don't want it to sound like I'm saying helmets don't matter, but if you were to wreck at that speed I don't think a helmet would help you.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather have a helmet and crash at that speed than not.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather have a helmet and crash at that speed than not.

That's what I tried to say, I absolutely 100% always wear at helmet, but going that speed on a highway is ridiculous. Like he said though, it was a dumb teenage moment

That's what I tried to say, I absolutely 100% always wear at helmet, but going that speed on a highway is ridiculous. Like he said though, it was a dumb teenage moment

It sure was. I don't regret it, but I do know what that will do.

Helmet or not if I crashed I was dead.

I never from that moment hopped on a bike without it. "Minus the minimal speed experiences" either way, you both are right.

To the op. Disregard my idiocy. I got praised by God, or for non believers, lucky.

Now I do live life on the edge, I clb vertical, I speed and I live. But each will kill you. I am as safe as possible in all. Enjoy.

Thought I'd post this in the dirt bike section, just because there'd be more relateability.

Took the V65 Magna out to carve turns in Hell, Mi a few days ago (I'm literally 5 minutes away). Hit a turn a bit faster than I had meant to, and this was the result (the back tire REALLY wanted to disappear on me). Even though it weighs 600lbs, it can carve quite well (all things considered)!! The thin line of rubber on the side marks the sidewall, and the marked up area is about 3/8'' in width. Tire is a 140/80-16 Dunlop D404.

IMG_20141006_150541_602_zps05iv5ery.jpg

What're your guys' biggest (or most memorable) "Had To Change My Shorts" moments?[/quote

I just see a chicken strip. Lol

Mine and my neighbors yards are connected and he cuts a path in between them and I came 5th gear pinned and he backs his tractor out in front of me and I moved just enought to come inches from hitting him

I just see a chicken strip. Lol

A chicken strip that is literally 1/8'' in width  :busted:  You gotta remember, it's a 600lb mid-80s Honda  :lol:

Crazy story!

Actually the helment would make it easier to find the head. :)

Actually the helment would make it easier to find the head. :)

I and a blonde friend of mine bailed on a 85 900 Eliminator doing around a Buck 20... Bike was demolished, we didn't end up too aweful bad considering.. BUT, I can tell you that based on the looks of my helmet, IT DID MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Bike didn't touch the ground for 295 feet, and I was 175 ft. from takeoff. 5mph or 100mph, they make a difference... I wear mine riding in the yard.

Edited by kxjim

what's this about chickens? :excuseme:

Photo_062611_004-M.jpg

Photo_062611_012-M.jpg