Sign in to follow this  

California street legal dual sport?

So i picked up a 2001 ktm 400 that was at one time street legal. The previous owner took the lights off and made it a straight desert bike. It still has all of the wiring and such under the seat. I want to know if it will be possible to make it street legal again?

So i picked up a 2001 ktm 400 that was at one time street legal. The previous owner took the lights off and made it a straight desert bike. It still has all of the wiring and such under the seat. I want to know if it will be possible to make it street legal again?

Check with your local DMV, we dont have access to those types of things..

do you have the paper work?  if it was put on non-op you may be able to just pay the registration renewal fees. 

Hope the previous owner was paying the reg...you may be in for a surprise like I was when you get to the DMV.