THE KYB SSS Fork Offroad Revalve

C-P

• 1 month later...

Hi, does anyone have a good Cross Country Mid Valve stack for the "new" leaf spring mid´s? Below is my current stack, i just feel like they are a bit to harsh, especially now when the tracks get slippery and there are a lot of big bumps. I know that there won´t be a magic setting for conditions like that, i just wanted to hear your opinion. This is my first bike (TM MX 300 2020) whith a leaf spring mid. If possible i would like to keep a bit of that low-float Low speed damping, i really like that. One thing i noticed is that Sherco etc dont have a reverse taper before the 2x 20.114 shims which act as a leaf spring, they just taper the main stack down to a 12mm shim. Maybe i should start by adding an X-Over to the BV? But that would mean more "mushy" ls damping which i want to avoid.

MV:

image.png.92bbd2e5a0b35d7b3bb2eee55de1cc97.png

BV:

image.png.74835ec9348ed80d08ff9c159dd502d4.png

RB:

image.png.050b4a1398ee5eecfdfb8039fbd77f74.png

You can try taking off 3 face shims from BV and swaps 18x15 by 18x11, 16x15 by 2x16x11

and exchanges 15x30 by 14x15 and ending with 12x30.

It will definitely get softer. 

Or you can put a 24x10 crossover after 4x 32x11 face shims and continue with the other

6x 32x11 face shims and the rest remain the same as the original.

7 hours ago, mr_extreme112 said:

Hi, does anyone have a good Cross Country Mid Valve stack for the "new" leaf spring mid´s? Below is my current stack, i just feel like they are a bit to harsh, especially now when the tracks get slippery and there are a lot of big bumps. I know that there won´t be a magic setting for conditions like that, i just wanted to hear your opinion. This is my first bike (TM MX 300 2020) whith a leaf spring mid. If possible i would like to keep a bit of that low-float Low speed damping, i really like that. One thing i noticed is that Sherco etc dont have a reverse taper before the 2x 20.114 shims which act as a leaf spring, they just taper the main stack down to a 12mm shim. Maybe i should start by adding an X-Over to the BV? But that would mean more "mushy" ls damping which i want to avoid.

Just a little fyi;

The leaf spring mid is just like a normal mid, except the leaf gives you an adjustable 'spring'. Your float is the gap below the leaf 'till it bottoms on the back of the cup (well, the shims in there anyway), though you could of course run some actual float too if you wanted too. Everything else applies same/same including things like max opening etc.

The reason they don't run a reverse taper above the leaf (like yours has) is it will stiffen up the 'spring', adding extra very slow/slow speed damping, kinda like running no float on the old setup. Make sure there's enough clearance for the shims to clear the 'dish' in the leafs (leaves?) when both are flexed (it looks on paper to be ok).

Edit;

That's an interesting setup, it almost looks like the face shims will open before it moves the leaf, so basically a zero float scenario (Assuming the cup is at the top).

I'm not sure how much float you have, but maybe changing the 12X.152 out for a 12X.1 would help out. With the stiffness of the 'leaf' I doubt it'll make it mushy, just allow it to open more when the speed/pressure gets up.

Otherwise the leaf may actually be too stiff to function properly as is, I'd be surprised if the 11's and 12's above the pivot actually flex, maybe try swapping the 12's back to 11's too to soften it up a bit.

Edited by DEATH_INC.
  • Helpful 1