Sign in to follow this  

CR 500 clutch pull

I knew this would happen.  My 500 has a stiffer clutch pull than I'm accustomed to with my KTM.  The juice clutch on a KTM is butter smooth, it's effortless and never fades.  The CR's clutch is stiffer but consistent. 

What measures can be taken to ease the clutch pull on my 500?  I'm not gonna get lighter springs in the clutch basket, the last thing I need is to burn up clutches.  Perhaps a new clutch cable would smooth it a little?

Cable is probably original, try a replacement first. Next, maybe try that MSR Raptor (?) adjustable assembly. Lastly, cough up the cash for the Magura unit.

MME levers are worth it!

Yeah they really are nice. I put a brembo master cylinder on my bike too and I run a matching brake lever.

• Like 1

Yeah they really are nice. I put a brembo master cylinder on my bike too and I run a matching brake lever.

I tried PMing ya, please PM me on your set up. What Brembo master and era of MME Magura lever for the Jack. I am interested(maybe) on a unit for my SH '14 depending on price, thanks.

LORP- this set up would be great, I second the levers all the way, used them several times.

I use a Moose Ultimate clutch system. It works with all cable systems and uses a needle bearing in the pivot and has 2 positions on the lever, stock and easy pull. Even using the stock position it is much easier than stock with the needle bearing.

I tried PMing ya, please PM me on your set up. What Brembo master and era of MME Magura lever for the Jack. I am interested(maybe) on a unit for my SH '14 depending on price, thanks.

LORP- this set up would be great, I second the levers all the way, used them several times.

I'm not sure why you can't pm me? Anyhow I run a MAGURA jack system made for my cr500. The gen I mme MAGURA lever fits it perfectly. I then took a brembo front brake master cylinder off a 2012 ktm and put it on my 500. I kept the Nissan caliper and run a 270 mm rotor. 1 finger clutch and 1 finger stoppies all day. I can get MAGURA jack units for $210.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why you can't pm me? Anyhow I run a MAGURA jack system made for my cr500. The gen I mme MAGURA lever fits it perfectly. I then took a brembo front brake master cylinder off a 2012 ktm and put it on my 500. I kept the Nissan caliper and run a 270 mm rotor. 1 finger clutch and 1 finger stoppies all day. I can get MAGURA jack units for $210.

Great info, I will probably go the same route, thanks!

PM could have bern a tech glitch, TT message said "recipient unable to receive private messages" or close to that. Thanks again!

Great info, I will probably go the same route, thanks!

PM could have bern a tech glitch, TT message said "recipient unable to receive private messages" or close to that. Thanks again!

No sweat man. You can run any brembo master cylinder really. The newer ones don't seem to get spongy like the older ones though. You have too use the brembo banjo bolt as it has a different threads. You can use your Honda brake line though.

• Like 2

Stock springs, new cable and you can lengthen the release arm next to the flywheel

with a little welding. I have done several like this adding about 1/8" to the length.

Just make sure it clears the cover.