Opinions on 44K

Hi - I purchased an older motorcycle and when I was buying a new plug, oil, filter, etc. the guy sold me a can of 44K and said it would clean out the bike. I've been staring at this can still not fully decided to put it into my tank. It says it cleans valves, fuel injectors, combustion chambers, etc,

Anyone have any good/bad experience with this product..?

OP, in case you did not catch the sarcasim, forget the can of stuff.

If things are dirty, clean them properly. Do it right once and you will not have a year of frustration. I hear horror stories of guys spending weeks trying to get a bike (or car) to run properly. They claim over and over about how they did this and that, when the facts finally come out that they never cleaned out the carb, tank or petcock. That the jets are older than dirt. Once they clean everything and put BRAND NEW jets in, they are suddenly amazed at how good it runs. Months of effort wasted on cans of magic.

• 2 weeks later...

OP, in case you did not catch the sarcasim, forget the can of stuff.

If things are dirty, clean them properly. Do it right once and you will not have a year of frustration. I hear horror stories of guys spending weeks trying to get a bike (or car) to run properly. They claim over and over about how they did this and that, when the facts finally come out that they never cleaned out the carb, tank or petcock. That the jets are older than dirt. Once they clean everything and put BRAND NEW jets in, they are suddenly amazed at how good it runs. Months of effort wasted on cans of magic.

I agree. Do proper maintenance and upkeep. Can't replace that with a can.

Good cleaning can though is Sea Foam. Put some in every 2-3 tanks.