Exhaust Decision... what are you running?

Akrapovic, full system queit, linear power giving impressive traction, you don, t realise how much faster you are gong untill the corners come up so much quicker.

I have used both leo vince and gtyr slipons, they sound good but really bark up when you get about mid throttle, which is good fun on easy open terrain, but the Akrapovic will get you through slippery and tight stuff so much faster and up snotty hill climbs much further with less clutch work.

I've got a full GYTR system which I must say does give a decent amount of power through the range but sometimes I find myself thinking "this is just TOO LOUD" but If im such a girl about it I should have put on the "quiet-sert" end cap.. I think I secretly love having the ability to pull the clutch, creep up behind a friend, bounce it off the limiter, and watch his hands and feet fly in a fit of panic followed by some dirty words :D but if I didn't get a staff discount from Yamaha I would have looked for something more cost effective

Edited by genocidal_josh
  • Like 1

i was looking to ride it on the road so im not sure if its such a great idea to draw attention to myself. i was looking at the fmf Q4 slip on as it comes standard with the silencer insert. is that still a good bye or does it restrict the pipe too much with the silencer insert.?? 

any more help is appreciated :D

The FMF Q4 is situated between the stock WR250F muffler and the louder motocross mufflers as far as noise and power output goes.

I've been using the Q4 for years on all of my dual-purpose and off-road bikes, including a 2002 and 2009 WR250F.

Sound is reasonable with a noticeable power increase.

I would not use it if it were too loud.

If you use the Powerbomb header as well, it's even better.

• Like 1