2005 crf 250r new motor break in

I just go my bike back and it has a motor with less than a hour on it .

They told me to break I'm easy , I've read on hear to break in hard for 20 minuts then change oil and filter . If I was riding easy for like no more then 30 minuts yesterday can I still break in hard for 20 minuts or should I keep with easy untail like 12 hour on motor? Oh and I'm new to hear and going camping wih my bike in like a hour that's why I need to know . Thanks

If the motor had an hour on it when you got it, it is already as broken in as it's gonna get... 99% of the time when someone is trying to sell you a used bike and it's has a new or rebuilt motor it really has a motor that needs a rebuild. Be wise is all I am saying...

Edited by Eddie8v

Are you running an hour meter and if not get one.

Do you have a magnetic oil drain bolt and if not get one.

IMO and if it was me - I would ride it as I would normally and push the RPM's hard but try and vary this for another hour or so.

If you going to have a catastrophic failure it's probably going to happen sooner or later so might as well find out now.

Then do an engine oil/filter and tranny fluid.

Then with the hour meter, log your ride hours, check oil every ride for level and colour. Change oil and filter if it starts looking dark or around 10 hours or if your riding it hard less hours. I change my tranny oil either every or change or every 2nd oil change. Use the best fluid you can afford.

Take care of your motor cus just about everything else is cheapish to fix