I work on Hino and Isuzu trucks. Ask me anything.

I just noticed you're in VA.  Where are you located?

Seems to me there was an air deflector hanging around out back.  I'll have to look.  It may have been sold, but I'm not sure.

I am in Waynesboro. It would be great if you found that one out back. Any clue as to where the flasher is located? I can hear it but just can't put my handson it.

Hey BCS, do you know anything about Hitachi excavator Isuzu motors? I'm looking for parts for my Isuzu 4BD1 Turbo diesel motor. It has a broken crankkshaft...

1878F6FE-D3B8-4D11-BF54-80E879753E56.jpg

52799981-B7DE-4EED-96AF-01583D5B0655.jpg

Randy

Sorry Randy, the 4bt1 out back kicked a rod out of the block. The crank is in one piece, but you dont want it.

If you DO want it for some reason, let me know. I doubt they want much, or anything fot it.

Then again, chances are you live too far away for it to be worth the cost of shipping.

I know more about hino than isuzu. There's a truck here with a 4BD2 in it, condition unknown. May or may not work.

Edited by BasketCaseSensitive
  • Like 1

I am in Waynesboro. It would be great if you found that one out back. Any clue as to where the flasher is located? I can hear it but just can't put my handson it.

The first air dam is for a hino. This one is a universal Npr. http://i.imgur.com/VN8JpIeh.jpg

The flasher is behind the kick panel, or behind / under the fuse box.

Thanks! It looks like the universal needs some repair. Where are you located?

Yeah, its a little rough. One of the two roof mounting rods is missing and its edges are frayed. Usable though. The shop is in aylett, about 2.5 hours away from you. We've also got a pile of unmashed front bumpers. I'll pm you the number. Ask for the service manager, Sy. He knows that I talked to you about it.

I just bought a 1991 Isuzu NPR diesel with a auto trans. When I bought it reverse didn't work but it would attempt to ingage but then nothing but all forward gears worked. Now it seems at the shifter it is not engaging any g ears at all even the backup beeper won't come on when put in reverse? Any ideas on what I could do? It ran and shifted great on my hour long drive home thought maybe it might have a bad shifter cable?

• Like 1

I just bought a 1991 Isuzu NPR diesel with a auto trans. When I bought it reverse didn't work but it would attempt to ingage but then nothing but all forward gears worked. Now it seems at the shifter it is not engaging any g ears at all even the backup beeper won't come on when put in reverse? Any ideas on what I could do? It ran and shifted great on my hour long drive home thought maybe it might have a bad shifter cable?

yeah could be some sort of bad solenoid

This thread could be famous for the info that BCS possesses! Having access to a mechanic that is in that deep with the best trucks on the road IMHO is priceless!

all the rollbacks around me are HINO now. switching from international. HINO is about as good as it gets, Isuzu cab overs are my personal fav though.

How comparible are replacement parts for isuzu npr compared to other domestic medium sized trucks from (ford/gm 4500 and 450)?

I waz looking buying either an isuzu npr or gmc 4500 ..

as far as i understand gm owns isuzu.

But are the parts as cheap as other gm trucks?

My buddy has an 07 or 08 Chevy 5500 with the i6 Isuzu and he's been having tons of problems because of the dpf. Do you know of any delete options?

What's the tow rating on a 2007 NPR HD with the gas 6.0 Chevy motor? Truck is rated at 15k gross

and weighs about 10k completely unloaded with a full tank of gas. There's not much info on these things.

I took a break of tt for 2 months got really busy. Where did he go??

Dunno. He came back for a bit and then left again. I suspect he may be very busy in actual life.

true

Basket Case Sensitive is no longer here guys.

Can't a guy take a six month break?

For up to the minute real life answers on Hino trucks, go to expeditersonline dot com, you'll see a thread in the truck talk forum.  

• Like 1

Can't a guy take a six month break?

For up to the minute real life answers on Hino trucks, go to expeditersonline dot com, you'll see a thread in the truck talk forum.

Welcome back. Hope you stay for a while.