BasketCaseSensitive

I work on Hino and Isuzu trucks. Ask me anything.

planning to get isuzu d-max, I heard they're unbreakable. Is it true?

-54617e092a177.jpg

Edited by motf

-54617e092a177.jpg

Hell if I know. I work on commercial vehicles.

Isuzu generally makes very good engines.

If you don't need a diesel I'd consider something else. Problems with the dpf/scr system when out of warranty will be extraordinary in price.

That Isuzu isn't available in the us. It's a rebadged Colorado/Canon for foreign markets.

Edited by bfaucett

-54617e092a177.jpg

Good cars. Nor unbreakable.

Its just a new model Isuzu Faster/Rodeo.

Hi Basketcase. New member here solely for the purpose of asking you a few questions. We have a handful of NPR diesels, 2011-2015 and one new Hino. They are all diesel cabovers with 14' boxes on the back. Are you still on here answering questions? I have two trucks with some major issues recently and have two "series of events" and would love to get your input on what's going on. 

- Austin

Hello

Have an 06 npr 5.2 diesel Seems to have a lockup converter issue Throws no code but as soon as its put in drive or reverse it tries to push the truck and will stall if cold. Only 120k Dealer trying to talk me into complete tranny . I am an ex car tech but from 20 years ago so I can perform most service

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Stoby

By the way, not a newbie been on here since 2011 just not a poster. Tried to find info on the expedite site

Edited by Stoby
add

Hello
Have an 06 npr 5.2 diesel Seems to have a lockup converter issue Throws no code but as soon as its put in drive or reverse it tries to push the truck and will stall if cold. Only 120k Dealer trying to talk me into complete tranny . I am an ex car tech but from 20 years ago so I can perform most service
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks 
Stoby
By the way, not a newbie been on here since 2011 just not a poster. Tried to find info on the expedite site

Sorry to say, but the member who started this thread is no longer around. Nobody is sure what happened to him