2003 CR250 front fender conversion

I decided to update the look of my 03.  So I bought a 2009 CRF450R front fender and a 2009 CRF450 Cycra Stadium plate.  I also decided to switch my black plates for white and put a white rear fender on for a different look.

Front fender doesn't quite match up without drilling new holes.  First time I tried just drilling new front holes like everyone says but it didn't work.  Let me rephrase that, it would work if you just use washers and not use the stock collars.  I wanted to use the stock collars so I got some JB Weld plastic and filled in all the holes and let it sit overnight.  I then sanded it down and drilled all 4 holes new matching up front the stock fender.  I touched it up with some red paint just because the JB Weld is black/grey and looks like crap....my reds didn't match perfectly but it still is covered by the clamps and plate and looks better than the black.  My holes matched up perfectly and I used all the stock collars and washers and I added 3 washers to the 2 rear bolts to help even the fender out.  Fits perfect, no rubbing.

As far as the number plate goes, I decided to not use the stock bolt and I cut some slits in the top sides and used zip ties instead.  This helped curve the number plate out more to match the fender better.

I like the new look, not sure if its worth the time or not.

I also ordered a red honda seat cover, but that didn't get here yet.  I want to see how that looks.

Before picture (black plates)

After (white plates)

3cc12a2037973d2.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

• Like 2

I like the look of the red seat Keith72.  I ordered a red CRF450 05-08 cover-thinking/hoping it will work on my seat.  I wanted the honda logo on the seat so we'll see, I couldn't find much info on what would work but I can't see the cover being that far off.

I don't think I'm going any further on the plastic conversion.  I actually like our radiator shrouds better than the newer ones. 

I like the look of the red seat Keith72. I ordered a red CRF450 05-08 cover-thinking/hoping it will work on my seat. I wanted the honda logo on the seat so we'll see, I couldn't find much info on what would work but I can't see the cover being that far off.

I don't think I'm going any further on the plastic conversion. I actually like our radiator shrouds better than the newer ones.

Throttle jockey makes the cover you're after. I have it exactly as described

Dude! Your front brake hose! Otherwise looks great.

Good eye!!  I just got the bike a few months ago and I was working on the front brake of my 97 and I looked at the 03 and was like that doesn't seem right. But I never looked at the manual.

After you made the comment I looked at the manual and see it does indeed go behind the fork!!!!  

I'll fix it this week.  Thanks for pointing it out.

• 3 weeks later...

can you post pictures of how you got the front plate to fit

It was pretty easy, just bolt the fender on first.

I used 5 zip ties and no bolts.  The 2 zips at the bottom which are standard on the Cycra.

Then I used a small drill bit to make the cuts in the plastic for the top 2 zips (first picture).

Last one is used at the handlebar (again as standard on the Cycra).

It looks great and doesn't move at all.

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

• 2 months later...

So how are you guys ordering pre-printed backgrounds with numbers if the back plates are 02 style and the front is a new crf style?? Im liking thiz plastic conversion but not if it is a pain ordering backgrounds.

So how are you guys ordering pre-printed backgrounds with numbers if the back plates are 02 style and the front is a new crf style?? Im liking thiz plastic conversion but not if it is a pain ordering backgrounds.

I did the 14 front fender and number plate on my bike. I ordered my graphics from Throttle Jockey and just told them that I had a Cycra 2014 front plate and that is what they sent me. I'm sure any custom graphics company would do the same.

DA53290F-03D8-44A1-9E81-29298850344D_zps

Edited by gafireman
  • Like 1

Duh, Yeah i guess thats easy enough to do. Thanks. I just picked up an 03 250r for short change ane i am ordering stuff for it. Your bike looks sharp! Actually....haha i just noticed your screen name. If you are racing the World Police and Fire games our bikes will be seeing eachother!

Edited by Dan105
  • Like 1