PCSed to Hampton VA looking for places to ride

What part of Virginia are you in?  Lots of places in the western central part of the state. not so much in the southeastern part. There is a good web sit you can check out for places to ride state by state called  riderplanet USA check it out then post on here and see if anybody has been. good luck and if you fined any good places to ride lets us know.

I did not look at the title of your post right off. i see you're in hampton i live over in VA beach. we only have two places to ride close by (that is legal places) one is Slides Park over by Surry VA. not the best place he does not maintain it well if at all, and the trails are not marked well either lots of mud puddles. i ride there most of the time don't like to drive 4hrs just to ride for the day, then there is Roberts track and trails headed West on 64 near West Point VA about an hour from you been there a few times before you had to be a member. very nice place and i know it's worth the money to ride there i think in the summer i will start riding there. Good luck in your search hit me up if you would like me to show you around Slides one Saturday

• 4 weeks later...

I did not look at the title of your post right off. i see you're in hampton i live over in VA beach. we only have two places to ride close by (that is legal places) one is Slides Park over by Surry VA. not the best place he does not maintain it well if at all, and the trails are not marked well either lots of mud puddles. i ride there most of the time don't like to drive 4hrs just to ride for the day, then there is Roberts track and trails headed West on 64 near West Point VA about an hour from you been there a few times before you had to be a member. very nice place and i know it's worth the money to ride there i think in the summer i will start riding there. Good luck in your search hit me up if you would like me to show you around Slides one Saturday

Hey KP, just stumbled across your post. I'm from VA Beach as well. Reading your post that Roberts place looks interesting!! Haven't seen that before. Do you have to become a member right away there? I saw on their website a $20 per rider price.

take care

from what i have read the membership is $150 and then there is a $20 riding fee each day you ride. on the riderplanet usa web site i have read that Guest Passes are available which is $40 a rider and can be applied toward the annual membership juat give them a call and see what they have to say. i do most of my riding at Slades you can ride in the rain if you want to, not the best place but it's all we have around here for $15.

I rode Roberts a few times years back before you had to be a member, it's maintained nicely by good people and has both track and trails ( I only do trails too old for jumping) so it has lots to offer and with only two places in our area within an hour or so to ride it's looking better and better. I ride maybe 10 months out of the year every other week so maybe 20 times out a year and I try to get out of our area twice a year been to Outdoorsmen Park, Gorge Washington forest, Bosco beach (never going there again) and a few others so keeping the cost of riding down is good. I think this summer I will give Roberts a try for a year and see how it goes. will be out riding at Slades tomorrow going to be a cold.

I wanted to try Taskers Gap beginning last month but my rear wheel bearing fell apart just before we wanted to go. And now even worse, been the second time at Busco beach and had to come back without a bike - scumbags in Goldsboro.

You right, not too many choices around here without driving forever. Busco Beach was ok this month, I guess with the colder weather the number of ATV gets less... in the summer I would guess its a nightmare with a bike between hordes of drunken ATV riders LOL - too much mud holes in my opinion. The other negative is Goldsboro, I wouldn't stay there over night again ever - afterwards I saw their crime rating 2 out of 100 (100 the best) and property theft your chances are 1 out of 16. Go figure...

The place I liked best so far was Hatfield McCoy in WV but that's an extended weekend trip...

Have to do a one day try at Roberts next year.