What is this lever?

Wonder why? You wouldn't think it would be necessary on a e start bike.

Is the choke necessary on e-start? Umm, yeah. And the hot start is beneficial too. The stoichiometry still has to be right for an engine to fire. Take my WR for example, I've started it several thousand times over my decade of owning it, so this comes from experience. You can poke the estart and let it crank, and typically it won't start in the first 5 seconds. Pull the hot start and poke the estart, it will fire immediately.

To address your earlier post, decomp is built into cams these days, and hot start cables generally have adjusters.

Yeah. I get the choke thing. I've been around a bike or two. I was simply following William1's post its called thread progression, where he stated its  a hot start. My point was why is  a hot start  necessary  on the e start yam engines when both of my big four strokes ktm and beta start fine without them  either by kicking or by   starter motor.  Btw The Keihin  41carb I bought as a power upgrade had a hot start cable without an adjustment block.I just plugged the port and tossed the cable.

Wonder why? You wouldn't think it would be necessary on a e start bike.

It has a kick starter too...

gg_ec450f_racing_001.jpg

gg_ec450f_racing_005.jpg

It is the choke. I have a 2014 gg 300xc. I can't tell if I like it or not. I normally like to leave my choke on while the bike warms up. On the other hand I accidentally did a lap on my 450 with the choke on - backfiring and crap the whole time. :-)

If you zoom in, the choke knob is visible on the carb. Also, per official GG exploded parts diagram (http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/enduro/download-despiece_enduro_4t_250f_300f_450f_2015_v06r1.pdf.html) the choke "Starter plunger knob" is on the carb and that lever is the "starter cable" lever.

Per the owner's manual, the knob on the carb is the choke, the lever is the choke, you stroke the throttle energeticly, and deploy the kickstarter. Also per Owner's manual, the lever on the right bar is the throttle, the right grip is the front brake master cylinder, the blinker switch is the front brake lever....

gg.JPG

Edited by davidhar