vacuum pump

i was thinking of getting a vacuum pump setup and was curious what you guys thought on the pricing for this assembly(not pump).  they want $125 shipped for the vacuum pump itself but it's the same as one of ebay that is $80 shipped.  i'm not sure on the names of some the connectors or the container yet else i would do the research myself.

thanks

http://www.shockbleeder.com/products/shock_bleeder_kits

Hi Guys, I am the owner of shockbleeder.com

My pumps are off ebay and you can get them shipped for less than I am selling them for.  It is more of a convenience thing so people can do one stop shopping.  They are heavy and very costly to ship and I have to make something off them.  Most people just get the kit and source their own pump.  

If you want to do one stop shopping, send me a msg, I'll cut you a discount.  I assure you there is not much margin on the kits.  They are sourced from 5 different suppliers and use very high end parts.  Almost all parts are made in USA or Europe.

To contact me, send an email to brad@shockbleeder.com.  

I am very flexible and can try to provide you a great deal.  

I have sold a ton of bleeders and everyone loves them.  Not a single complaint yet.  Have many suspension shops using them here and in Europe.  One guy has done 2500 shocks with it and says it works better and more reliable than his 2000$ Ohlins machine. 

thanks!

brad spaugh

http://www.shockbleeder.com

Edited by spaugh

FYI, I'm thinking of adding an air bleed port to my Kyb YZ shock.   I am never be 100% certain that I have all the air out of it when I rebuild it and some of the racing teams say that they add a bleed valve to their shocks. (Dicks Racing for one.)

I have purchased the bleed valve, which is a special high pressure, oil compatible shrader valve.  It was $5.  I'll post pictures when I add it.  Not sure when that will be though as the shock is on the bike and working well.

The valve could be used with a vacuum pump.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy

Some of the Japanese shocks have a flat spot up near the top mount that is cast into the shock body that can be drilled and tapped for a plug to use for vacuum bleeding.  Also, if you have a bladder shock, you can get the bladder adapter from Race Tech and use their adapters with my kit.  No need to put in a special valve, just vacuum bleed it through the bladder hole.  

Some of the Japanese shocks have a flat spot up near the top mount that is cast into the shock body that can be drilled and tapped for a plug to use for vacuum bleeding.

That is exactly where I am putting it.

Here is the valve I got.

http://www.dieselorings.com/1994-1998-ford-7-3l-1/fuel-bowl-parts/schrader-valve-fuel-injection-rated-1-8-mnpt.html

It has a flared face on the shrader end.

I can also let out any pressurized air whenever I want.

To use the shrader valve with a vacuum pump, you'd need a no loss shrader valve fitting, like this

mj39mPcbaUnAMptBuHg8YLA.jpg

If you are charging your own bladders, you probably already have one.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy

Hi Guys, I am the owner of shockbleeder.com

My pumps are off ebay and you can get them shipped for less than I am selling them for.  It is more of a convenience thing so people can do one stop shopping.  They are heavy and very costly to ship and I have to make something off them.  Most people just get the kit and source their own pump.  

If you want to do one stop shopping, send me a msg, I'll cut you a discount.  I assure you there is not much margin on the kits.  They are sourced from 5 different suppliers and use very high end parts.  Almost all parts are made in USA or Europe.

To contact me, send an email to brad@shockbleeder.com.  

I am very flexible and can try to provide you a great deal.  

I have sold a ton of bleeders and everyone loves them.  Not a single complaint yet.  Have many suspension shops using them here and in Europe.  One guy has done 2500 shocks with it and says it works better and more reliable than his 2000$ Ohlins machine. 

thanks!

brad spaugh

http://www.shockbleeder.com

thanks for the post

i'll end up ordering the assembly sometime here

anyone happen to know what size racetech bladder adapters i should be buying to do kyb/showa shocks?

I used racetech ones with my last pump, I use an andreani vacuum pump now, it has a kit for differant shocks, they go in to the adjuster not the bladder, I'm sure the kits not to expensive on it's own. Google andreani

Yep, thats what I have, the SP3. Ohlins also sells the same thing with their name on it. Costs a lot but worth ever penny. And the adapter set is the bomb. I can't believe anyone would go through the bladder cap.

I leave the the adjuster in oil, in a measuring jug, plus a lot of people r critical thinking and trying to get every last bubble out , with degassed oil and vacuumed shock, u could have a small amount of air in the shock, once the shocks got 150psi on it u won't have any issues, Marcus u remember I use to over think my shock bleeding with my last pump, I've stripped shocks with 50-70 hrs on them with no signs of air .

Edited by karlace

I agree but you can also see the advantage of doing it through the bladder opening , you get both stacks free of air , does it make any real difference ? Probably not , I hooked mine up the other week to build up that vrs shock , it works do well on wp shocks , it's not as good on jap shocks

I built my own version of the shockbleeder.com one a while back. I've been using it to bleed my PDS shock, and it works well. Total cost was about $20, plus $100 for a Harbor Freight vac pump that seems to work fine. I was kind of in a rush to get the shock serviced, and didn't want to wait for anything to be shipped.

If i were to do it again, I'd DEFINITELY just pay for Brad's version. Sorting out all of the fittings is lame, and I ended up having to really cobble together something to fit the PDS bleed port.

A side benefit is that you'll now have a vacuum pump. I have found all sorts of cool uses for mine, including using it instead of my Mityvac to bleed brakes. Holy, moly, can you bleed some brakes fast with an electric one!