2014 - 690 - Keep breaking the seat

I have a Brand new 690 and have only ridden the bike twice. The seat has broken in the middle both times !  KTM did a warranty replacement once already and said my first seat was defective, yet the replacement broke on the first ride.

I think it because the rubber grommets are compressing to much but not sure.

Anyone else seen this ? Should I try to do a second warranty replacement ? ( The dealer isn't very nice about it--)

I have not even ridden it hard yet...just smooth dirt roads for breakin.

Any help would be awesome !

Apparently this is a very common problem with these seats . The "Fiberglass" type material is to thin and Brittle.

The folks at Seat Concepts informed me this is one of the very few Pans they ( At their shop)  will not install their Seat Covers on because the Staples can break the Brittle Material.

They have developed their own Seat Pan made out of the Standard Hard plastic material that 98 % of Seat's are Manufactured with .

Ordered my complete new " Comfy" seat yesterday

• 1 month later...

Apparently this is a very common problem with these seats . The "Fiberglass" type material is to thin and Brittle.

The folks at Seat Concepts informed me this is one of the very few Pans they ( At their shop)  will not install their Seat Covers on because the Staples can break the Brittle Material.

They have developed their own Seat Pan made out of the Standard Hard plastic material that 98 % of Seat's are Manufactured with .

Ordered my complete new " Comfy" seat yesterday

What he said ^^^

Do yourself a favor and order a Seat Concepts seat.  I recommend the gripper material on top, with carbon pattern on sides, and orange stitching.  So much more comfortable than stock!

IMG_2763-XL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...