RHC ported sxf 450 head

I have a fairly new dungey replica head that I filled and cnc ported  on Ebay this is the same poring that I use for the pros it increses the boom end and extends the top making a very linear power curve  eazy to ride .the head is complete with valves and springs  needs cam bearings installed.

• 4 weeks later...

Granted the art of porting is priceless, In the right hands, they would know what to do to give the rider the power where they want it most.

Polish the exhaust port give more crisp throttle response, open up the front gives more top end with a little sacrifice down low...

Too much of either and you lose power...

No, just lettin the others know...Ppl are under the assumption that if i increase everything i will get better performance across the board. Its not the case. Every cut changes the pattern of the power curve. 

Thus why i said its an art. Ron probably knows his stuff, i will not argue it for i am not in the same field. If you feel comfortable with the ability of your machinist then you are good to go. If you have any doubt then mistakes will be made and fingers pointed. Ask all the right questions and dont waste time. Mention all your mods and your riding style, it helps in them deciding if they have the right product for you.

I bought cams, and sent my heads out for porting. I have been disappointed and i have been wowed but i dont make a huge deal about either. Its my own fault for the failures. Didnt ask all the right questions or point out the right characteristics. On my 2009 i was very happy with the service on the head and the cams. Lack of oil scored the cams and journals, so i repaired that and had the runners cleaned up...I went back with a new bike head just to have the runners cleaned up and yes i did make more power, 5+ hp, before and after my peak point, but i lost power at the peak point, 4hp...All my hrs wasted researching, all that money spent, and my friends bike which just has a pipe burnt me on the dyno with 54hp and a better power graph than mine.

Too many variables to consider, but will take it one step at a time. I am creating a AFR loggin kit for me to log my AFR vs rpm vs TPS V...This way i can see where i am on the AFR curve and correct accordingly. If AFR is fine, then i will turn to the dealer and ask for the new 14 tables to be installed as i am runnin a 14 cam in my bike. I will also research the cam timing between my Original cam and the new one. They dyno is great for loggin power graph vs rpm vs AFR, but in the real world you have drag via air and frictional drag from the tires. both of which are not considered why on the dyno.  

This is why you cannot point fingers, there are too many factors to consider, and things we should know prior to taking the plunge.