CRF 50 dies after letting off throttle

Bike has clean carb with #62 main jet and Uni Pod filter. Everything stock except for the filter. 

Problem we have is after going down a straight at full throttle, then letting off for a turn when getting back in the throttle it stumbles and dies. I have tried adjusting the air screw from 1/2 to 3 out and it does the same thing every time. My guess is that it can't get enough fuel through the stock pilot jet and starves when letting off the throttle. My reasoning is that it does pop a couple times when chopping the throttle and it will die sometimes even if you don't give it throttle again after chopping it.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Bike has clean carb with #62 main jet and Uni Pod filter. Everything stock except for the filter. 

Problem we have is after going down a straight at full throttle, then letting off for a turn when getting back in the throttle it stumbles and dies. I have tried adjusting the air screw from 1/2 to 3 out and it does the same thing every time. My guess is that it can't get enough fuel through the stock pilot jet and starves when letting off the throttle. My reasoning is that it does pop a couple times when chopping the throttle and it will die sometimes even if you don't give it throttle again after chopping it.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

50 carbs are are notorious for plugged pilot jets.  How does it start and idle? Any problems there?  if not, have you checked the valves?  If you have, then let's assume the pilot is plugged.  Unfortunately, they are not moveable and hard to clean because of an angle inside the fixed jet.  Try restricting the air filter and see what happens.  wrap it with a little plastic or something to see if that helps.  if it does help and then problem goes away, or gets better, you may need to replace the carb.  how did you clean it?  spraying it with come carb cleaner is not how to do it.  For these, they generally require soaking, small wire, and compressed air.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the stock pipe tip off to see if that helped and it did not. Actually was worse so I am not going to put the power tip on it. Anyone know where I can get an adjustable needle for this carb? Is there any way to get a larger pilot jet for them? From reading on here most guys swap out to the stock 70 carb. Do I really have to do all that? I am thinking about just going back to the stock airbox/filter setup.

Any ideas?