Sign in to follow this  

VForce4 vs. Boyesen Reeds - Which one for 2011 KTM 250sx

It's time to replace my stock Mototassinari VForce 3 reeds. I've decided to switch out the whole reed block and either move up to the better designed VForce 4, or switch to the Boyesen reeds that now come stock on the 2014/15 bikes.

Any tips or advice on the performance and longevity between the each of them?

On a 2008 300 EXC the Boyesen Rad Valve was much better everywhere than the stock V Force. Jetting was a lot easier and less finicky too!

Jason:)

Did you feel a more linear power delivery? Any loss of topend?

Maybe I chose wrong, I purchased both and installed to V4 tonight and intended to return the Boyesen reed valve. Visually I just admired the design of the MotoT's. Maybe I'll test both

My 13 came with the V-Force, and my 14 with Boyseen.

The 14 feels like it has a little more mid range, but don't know if it's because of the reed difference, or the combustion chamber difference.

On my CR's, the Boysen had better overall performance, so………..

I got the new KTM 4 petal 2014 style to replace the V3 ones.  I read the cage is KTM and the petals are Boyesen. I think the ones sold by Boyesen are a two petal.  The 2014 ones are $90 to $120 depending on which dealer you get them from.  They seam to work great and hope they last (unlike the V3 ones).

I got the new KTM 4 petal 2014 style to replace the V3 ones. I read the cage is KTM and the petals are Boyesen. I think the ones sold by Boyesen are a two petal. The 2014 ones are $90 to $120 depending on which dealer you get them from. They seam to work great and hope they last (unlike the V3 ones).

How many hours did your V3's make it?

How many hours did your V3's make it?

About 3000 miles but probably the last 600 miles they were gone.  The bike didn't have a lot of power.  Then 3/4 of one petal broke off and the bike wouldn't run.  I found it in 2 pieces on top of the piston.

• Like 1