How good did I do?

Were you still able to set up your proper sag?

Yeah I was able to set it accordingly, I still haven't found my sweet spot but the spacer is .350 thick so it moved my range of adjustment .350 higher on the shock body. At 110mm with the WR link = PC lowering link. Edited by Dexter42
  • Like 1

Same thing happened to me, yamaha needs to elaborate on the correct procedure in the manual. Almost need a clamp on the spring to allow you to turn the collar with no tension at all. Dexter I'm a machinist too and picked up my first new bike the same time as you, 2013 yz450f. Even worse when a machinist wrecks threads hahah

• Like 2

Same thing happened to me, yamaha needs to elaborate on the correct procedure in the manual. Almost need a clamp on the spring to allow you to turn the collar with no tension at all. Dexter I'm a machinist too and picked up my first new bike the same time as you, 2013 yz450f. Even worse when a machinist wrecks threads hahah

Nice to see other machinist on the site. Yeah it's a bummer this happens, scared to even mess with the thing now. But I did make a spacer and got it fixed. Rode this past weekend and had no problems with it. Was happy to be back on the saddle. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1420047532.639093.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to see other machinist on the site. Yeah it's a bummer this happens, scared to even mess with the thing now. But I did make a spacer and got it fixed. Rode this past weekend and had no problems with it. Was happy to be back on the saddle. 📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1420047532.639093.jpg

A dexter it's cas how have you been Hows the bike?

Hey bud, bike is doing really well so far. I think I finally got it all dialed in, all setting where I like them, suspension set up accordingly and mapped to my preference. Last time I rode her she rode like a cadi!!