Tubliss innertube separation at valve stem

Ok, I pulled my bike out for a ride tomorrow and the front tire was flat. I have the tubliss system in both tires. I pulled it apart to find, that the at the valve stem where it is vulcanized to the tube, it has separated. This is not a pinch flat or something I did during installation because there is no actual damage, just the seam on the rubber base of the valve stem has pulled away about 3mm allowing the air to escape.

I am going to call Nuetech for a replacement, but could this be repaired by using rubber cement and lighting it to melt the rubber to seal the seam back together?

I've been using Tubliss since 2010, now on 4 wheels and never a failure.  But even with regular tubes if the tire slips on the rim it will tear the stem off the tube. I alway check the pressure in the inner tube before each ride, actually I don't check it I just charge it from my compressor with the regulator set at 110psi, which get the Tubliss up to 100psi. 

Gotta check the inner tube pressure before every ride

Must be over 85psi or it can slip around

'Been using Tubliss for several years now with no problems.  It wasn't an inflation issue, it was a bad tube which has been compensated by Nuetec.  Again, great customer service, and a good product to boot.

• Like 1