Proper sag?

100 is the 'neutral' point assuming front and rear springs are matched and correct for your weight.

I would go closer to 105/6/7mm since you are under sprung front and rear, and the front sag will not be changing

Otherwise, you will probably 'knife' in turns, and put too much emphasis on your  forks.

If you are doing nothing but slow single track, the 100mm might work really well.

Edited by Kah Ran Nee

0mm is the measurement you start with with no rider, bike on stand

25mm is the static sag  (no rider) bike on ground

100mm is the race sag (rider dangling feet in front of pegs, someone else holding the bike, and yet a third making the measurement)

There is no practical way to adjust front sag.

You try your best to get the front and rear springs 'matched' via the spring calculator offered from various manuf, and following the threads and asking.

0mm is the measurement you start with with no rider, bike on stand

25mm is the static sag  (no rider) bike on ground

100mm is the race sag (rider dangling feet in front of pegs, someone else holding the bike, and yet a third making the measurement)

There is no practical way to adjust front sag.

You try your best to get the front and rear springs 'matched' via the spring calculator offered from various manuf, and following the threads and asking.

okay phew! I was pretty sure I had been doing it right the last 17 years, but considering that I treat most of what you say as hard fact, I felt the need to double check. haha

okay phew! I was pretty sure I had been doing it right the last 17 years, but considering that I treat most of what you say as hard fact, I felt the need to double check. haha

Boy, that is really going to get you in trouble some day............I know it has for me, and other 'experts'.    🤦

An expert is merely someone who has not been proven wrong, yet.