Are these bikes 2 or 4 stroke?

• 5 weeks later...

You sure that they're not 9 strokes, I've heard that they're also good, with their 15 gears, triple carb and cloud powerband...

You know what's funny? I recently had a chance to see a working 8 stroke engine. One of the only ones ever made. It runs for HOURS on a tiny tank of gas. It might of actually been something besides regular gas it was running on. But I'm not sure. I actually took a video of it.

I just did a quick search and here is one that's almost exactly like it.

Edited by x_JT_x

You know what's funny? I recently had a chance to see a working 8 stroke engine. One of the only ones ever made. It runs for HOURS on a tiny tank of gas. It might of actually been something besides regular gas it was running on. But I'm not sure. I actually took a video of it.

I just did a quick search and here is one that's almost exactly like it.

Not really a '8 cycle' Hit or miss is another concept entirely. Back in the 1800's, they did not have carbs(or much technology) One valve was operated atmospherically, the other with a cam. The cam operated valve (the exhaust) Woulde held open by the govenor, the intake opened by vacuum. The carb was little more then a little pan with a pool of fuel in it. The engine would fire, accelerate, the govenor would hold the exhaust valve open until the engine slowed down, then it would fire and repeat. When under full load, it would operate like most 4 cycle engines. Most of them ran water pumps and clothes washers.

I have a neighbor, probably one of the largest collectors of those engines in the country. His warehouse is about 10,000 square feel, jam packed with those engines. Every month or so, he has a big 'Olde Tyme" engine meet at his place.

Bang! pukapukapukapukapukapuka Bang! pukapukapukapukapukapuka