Stator died. Need advice/help.

Hey all! Last weekend took my '04 crf450r for a quick run around a lake near me. Started the engine as usually, left it to warm up and took off! After 10 min while driving engine dies (with a sound like the spark plug died).

Tried everything to star the bike but no luck... 

After an hour of kick starting, budging and naming my bike different words i got home, and started to look from the spark plug. (is was ok)...

... tried starting the angine to see if the spark appears, but it didnt...

... tried a new plug... still no luck.

... took my tester  to check the wiring and the connections. All was fine. But when i got to the stator it showed - 0 ohm... in the end i found that the stator was shorted and a small place was burned.

I am thinking to rewind it my self. I need some advice, maybe someone had a similar problem or knows a thing or two about electronics.

-how many loops are there on each one

-what direction

-where to start from

Thank You,

Dima.

Hey all! Last weekend took my '04 crf450r for a quick run around a lake near me. Started the engine as usually, left it to warm up and took off! After 10 min while driving engine dies (with a sound like the spark plug died).
Tried everything to star the bike but no luck... 

After an hour of kick starting, budging and naming my bike different words i got home, and started to look from the spark plug. (is was ok)...
... tried starting the angine to see if the spark appears, but it didnt...
... tried a new plug... still no luck.
... took my tester  to check the wiring and the connections. All was fine. But when i got to the stator it showed - 0 ohm... in the end i found that the stator was shorted and a small place was burned.

I am thinking to rewind it my self. I need some advice, maybe someone had a similar problem or knows a thing or two about electronics.
-how many loops are there on each one
-what direction
-where to start from

Thank You,
Dima.

for the cost of an aftermarket stator, its not even worth the time to rewind it yourself. You could do it. But why?

I have no other option. Ordering a new one takes to much time and i dont have the money qt the moment. Second, i could rewind in a way that in the end i get a little more juice from it.

There's a problem with too much juice. The aftermarket flywheels sometimes have better magnets and as a result, the CDI gets driven too hard, the regulator cant keep up and it'll cause the box to over heat and become intermittent.

Good new everyone. Thought i should share this with you. Got the stator today after rewind. Looks awesome! Tried it on the bike, the spark is very powerful and bright even if i turn the cranck with my hand. Cant say for sure but i seen the old spark and in comp with the one i get from the rewinded stator, the new one is much much better!

IMG_20141105_124359.jpg

IMG_20141105_124408.jpg

IMG_20141105_124939.jpg