MY THREAD (all about me)

As most of you know (or should know) im kind of a big deal around here (thumpertalk). I am also a well known big time racer.  

So here is my bike in its current state. 

getting it ready for a big time tear down, its at 95 hours

20141029_170910_zpsrgimmfjl.jpg

being the curious person i am, i was cruising the slavens racing youtube interweb page and found compression specs, well i put it to the test.

the bike hasn't felt quite as fast recently, and im scuured to push it much passed the double digit mark (100 hours) 

so according to jeff slavens @ sea level a good stock 300 should make about 165psi 

i was expecting 135 ish

So i kicked and kicked and heres what i got

20141029_165114_zpshgxkgtmn.jpg

wow thats 190psi @ a corrected 95hours @ sea level in California

well, i already ordered a new top end, gaskets included it was $168

now heres a quick video of my compression test when i thought the phone was on picture mode 

http://youtu.be/slVL9SvSAgE?list=UU6IOFB0o6fyYy61WdsF5dWw

these 2 stroke ktms are rather amazing imo 

Edited by dios de la tierra
  • Like 2

Since this thread is all about the dios extraordinaire I would like to chime in on my favorite memory.

It's the beginning of summer, forecast was low 100's. I get a urgent call from Dios himself. He asks if I could ride tomorrow, I couldn't. He then asks about a area I know pretty well. I directed him to the area, the area that I know that will challange even the mighty Dios himself. The directions were direct, but could easily be mistaken if full attention wasn't given. He found the spot!

He made his 3 hour ride to face the challange, a challange he would later regret. He found the now famous dogleg hill, and attempted the hill over and over until he gassed out and nearly had to be burried on the side of the hill.

In short, he had a 6 hour drive to ride his dirtbike for less then 20 miles. Ha ha

The story doesn't end here.

A month later I led him to that same hill and the SOB conqured that hill. Much respect for that.

• Like 3

As most of you know (or should know) im kind of a big deal around here (thumpertalk). I am also a well known big time racer.  

being the curious person i am, i was cruising the slavens racing youtube interweb page and found compression specs, well i put it to the test.

the bike hasn't felt quite as fast recently, and im scuured to push it much passed the double digit mark (100 hours) 

so according to jeff slavens @ sea level a good stock 300 should make about 165psi 

i was expecting 135 ish

now heres a quick video of my compression test when i thought the phone was on picture mode 

i was expecting 135 ish

So you still going to do it? FWIW, on my first 2 top ends I did, the piston had a crack in the skirt. Never have done a compression test tho

So you still going to do it? FWIW, on my first 2 top ends I did, the piston had a crack in the skirt. Never have done a compression test tho

yeah im still doing it, i dont want catastrophic failure. ill post pics of the piston.

i was thinking this thread for the new 300 owners round these parts  👍

• Like 2

yeah im still doing it, i dont want catastrophic failure. ill post pics of the piston.

i was thinking this thread for the new 300 owners round these parts 👍

Where'd you get the parts from and did you get OEM?

Stupider q, which parts, piston-rings-head-cylinder-gaskets?

The 300 will be plated for sure. The 200 will be what ever is cheapest.

I was referring to that tecate race. It sounds like you just need proof of ownership.

I'm working on the plate too, I need to get to phx. Unfortunately I'll have to fly there, can't take the work truck outta state and my old assed pathfinder won't make it there and back!

I was referring to that tecate race. It sounds like you just need proof of ownership.

I'm working on the plate too, I need to get to phx. Unfortunately I'll have to fly there, can't take the work truck outta state and my old assed pathfinder won't make it there and back!

Dios is forging me some race records. The rules say only A and B riders, no C riders. I'm not even a novice