Help Please!

Ok Guys I have a 2005 Crf450r and it changed the Tranny oil, Engine Oil, Air Filter about 45 minutes ago and I haven't rode the bike yet after I changed it but I let it idle for atleast 3 minutes to let the oil circulate and see if their was any leaks after I changed it all.

Looked and noticed my header pipe was getting red but not red all the way down it just at the radiator no where else the whole pipe wasn't glowing. Is this normal?

Thanks A lot and would appreciate any comments with Info.

When all else fails Gas it and if u hold on just right.. The bike will do it's job.

thanks so much man much appreciated

When all else fails Gas it and if u hold on just right.. The bike will do it's job.

I assume just the neck of the header was glowing?

How long did you let it idle?

If it glows red hot in 3 minutes.. That's not normal...

Crf, what is tranny oil. And engine oil?

I never changed two oils on my four stroke before...?

Edited by joey330

I never changed two oils on my four stroke before...?

The CRF's have separate engine and transmission compartments....

Edited by KcDavis

I never changed two oils on my four stroke before...?[/quote

1. Close to the radiators?

2. Long enough for it to glow, 1 min 2 at most

3. Oil for trains, gearbox Engine oil pretty self explained

5. Dont try to give advice when you dont know the answers, all of this advice was incorrect. LOL

5. Dont try to give advice when you dont know the answers, all of this advice was incorrect. LOL

thanks markit it has worried me to death honestly man but it takes like 1min to start getting hot where it glows

All is good, try looking at it at night

also bike has been setting and iv been servicing it for a month and haven't actually rode it but I have started it a time or two

Thats cool as long as you don't let it set running for over a min or two at most without air flow over the rad's. Now take that bike out and ride it, that's a order!

Sir yea sir haha.

You must be real smart, without air flow at 1-3 minutes and his header is that hot, it is not normal,

I was unclear on the crf having two different compartments, as to why I based it as a question

Your advise is actually really ignorant.. I have not owned 1 bike, I have owned many... That it is frying hot after sitting for 1 minute from cold..

I don't know where you get your info from but probably not the right place

ame="markit" post="11979584" timestamp="1414653851"]

You must be real smart, without air flow at 1-3 minutes and his header is that hot, it is not normal,

I was unclear on the crf having two different compartments, as to why I based it as a question

Your advise is actually really ignorant.. I have not owned 1 bike, I have owned many... That it is frying hot after sitting for 1 minute from cold..

I don't know where you get your info from but probably not the right place

Been racing enduros and hs for 30+ years, owned a mc shop. Raced bikes with drum breaks that was very common to have to repair trailside, I've forgotten more than you ever new and likely been a member of this sight longer than you've been alive

Been racing enduros and hs for 30+ years, owned a mc shop. Raced bikes with drum breaks that was very common to have to repair trailside, I've forgotten more than you ever new and likely been a member of this sight longer than you've been alive

The problem with that theory is this.

You spelled brakes wrong, knew wrong, and site wrong. So obviously your intelligence is questionable.

What do drum brakes have to do with overheating anyway?

I can tell you with just that post, I wouldn't let your brother give you his business. That was ignorant at best, to say it's normal, and To go off subject to credit your merits, and try and attack my knowledge.

In that case, if you had have been alive longer then I have been on this site, you sure did miss a lot of life, with whatever it is that fried your brain cells that is.

A decent conversation turned political because I called you out on your incorrect post?

Edited by joey330
  • Like 1

A faint red glow at the start of the header is pretty normal if they are left to idle, most noticeable in low light situations. Bright cherry red is not.

I can agree, he is saying it is getting red hot in a specific spot, like you said, but nowhere else, depending on how long the bike is idling, 1-2 minutes, it should If any be hard to see, especially if you are starting a bike that is cold.

Thanks for helping clear that up