Scottsdale, AZ coming back from hiatus!

Dirt bike brothers, after a couple years of not riding, I'm coming back with some friends and wanted to get your advice on somewhere near (30-50 miles) from old town Scottsdale for a beginner-moderate rider. I'm excited to get back into it and greatly appreciate the help! Thank you all!

Carlos

Dirt bike brothers, after a couple years of not riding, I'm coming back with some friends and wanted to get your advice on somewhere near (30-50 miles) from old town Scottsdale for a beginner-moderate rider. I'm excited to get back into it and greatly appreciate the help! Thank you all!

Carlos

ACP - Arizona Cycle Park.. 

Do you want to ride mx or desert / trails? From your signature I would assume trails. If so Boulders (aka mile markers) recreation area is good, but can get nasty. Search for a trail map so you don't get in over your head, and don't go out alone. You also need an rv plate and ohv sticker. aztt.net is a good site to find more info.

Edited by Scott_321

I dont know if youve ridden out towards the florence junction or queen valley areas but there are lots and lots of square miles of desert and trails out that way and you can choose from the easy stuff to the more challenging areas closer to mountainous or hilly terrain. I try to get out during the week if possible to avoid as much traffic as possible.  

Just a heads up on some weekends as you might imagine there gets to be alot of bikes and quads out and about so ride safe!

Sycamore is real nice, and offers a wide range of easy to difficult, and the area is large, good to have someone that knows the trails or a GPS. Bulldog Canyon out in Mesa/AJ area is primarily all double track and not intimidating at all if you want a good place to warm up and get back into riding. It is mostly rocky double track, and has some sandy trails and sand washes too. Bulldog is a simple trail system, and easy to navigate without need of GPS, you can get free permit and maps by going to this web site http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto/recreation/ohv/?cid=stelprdb5348179

• Like 2

Arizona Cycle Park is *not* for beginners. You need a lot of stamina to ride their track.

Cottonwood canyon near Florence is great. It's a bazillion acres of wide open space. Ride all day and never hit the same area twice, unless you want to. One of my favorites.

Boulders is to the north west, not a bad spot, but mostly rocky trails.

Edited by yellowdatsun

• 2 weeks later...

Sycamore is real nice, and offers a wide range of easy to difficult, and the area is large, good to have someone that knows the trails or a GPS. Bulldog Canyon out in Mesa/AJ area is primarily all double track and not intimidating at all if you want a good place to warm up and get back into riding. It is mostly rocky double track, and has some sandy trails and sand washes too. Bulldog is a simple trail system, and easy to navigate without need of GPS, you can get free permit and maps by going to this web site http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto/recreation/ohv/?cid=stelprdb5348179

Thank you everyone, especially Sportscycles. Bulldog sounds perfect for me and my beginner buddy. I'll be out there this Sunday. If anyone is out there holler! Cannot wait to get back at it!

• 4 weeks later...

I ride Boulders (Mile Marker 11) quite often. If you want a tour guide hit me up with a PM. I'll make sure we ride to whatever level you are comfortable with. I know the trails pretty well up there. I am 'semi retired' so have a very flexible schedule.

ACP has multiple mx tracks for all skill levels of riding. Also has desert areas, trails, Vet track, and a Pro track. 

If you can't find a suitable track or desert trail to ride at ACP, you will be hard pressed to find a better (more suitable) track anywhere.  

ACP is also a Loretta Lynn qualifier. 

Cheers

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/arizona_13191/ride_0801.htm

• 1 month later...

I ride sycamore, it is in my back yard. But my buds and I like to do the crown King ride from lake plesant, they have a great burger at the saloon.

Someone took a bulldozer and smoothed out the trail in the last year.

I ride sycamore, it is in my back yard. But my buds and I like to do the crown King ride from lake plesant, they have a great burger at the saloon.

Someone took a bulldozer and smoothed out the trail in the last year.