Sign in to follow this  

WTB OEM handlebar switch

Had a slow speed fall and somehow cracked the housing on my handlebar light switch. (2010 450RR) Does anybody have an OEM light switch kicking around they no longer want? I looked at aftermarket ones but like how the original has the kill switch, lights, and turn signals all in one unit.

Sicass has a very nice compact unit that takes up very little space with all of these features.

Sicass has a very nice compact unit that takes up very little space with all of these features.

They do? I looked on their website but did not see one that fit my needs. I'd be up for getting an aftermarket one if it could do all four functions. (lights, Killswitch, turn signals, horn. (Sorry, I forgot to mention horn originally.))

This one perhaps?

http://sicassracing.com/store/switches/universal_switches/sicass_universal_multi-function_bar_switch?cPath=105_35_39&

It woulda been nice if they had a specific one that plugs directly into the beta harness like they have for the EXC.

Thanks, but it appears that that one doesn't have the kill switch feature. I did find a K & S brand one (K&S Technologies Dual Sport Multi-Switch - 7/8in. Bar 12-0040) on Amazon that looks like it will work for me. I'll probably just get that if I can't find a used OEM one.

Hi there Jeff, That K&S switch is pretty wide. I would suggest the Sicass (which is the K&S narrow rebranded) one as well. Since you have the RR, you can just wire the horn button in as a kill switch. The wiring is not that bad at all. Believe me, if I can do it anyone can!

Here is an example of the wiring diagram. Yours may differ because of it being the RR model. 

file_zpsf8917502.jpg

file_zpsf24774a5.jpg

FWIW, The wiring diagram above is an old one. The new switches are upgraded to better internal components with new color coding.

Here is what it looks like. Nice and clean IMO.

file_zps7a47e075.jpg

file_zps05e85a8e.jpg

• Like 1