Raptor 700 or z400 AGAIN!

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and had a question. I know this has already been asked but I'm going to ask again. I currently own a z400 but I'm thinking of moding it or buying a raptor 700. I know i would have to drop thousands of dollars into my bike to get the same or more power of a stock raptor. Is it worth it? I have an 09 z400. I want a sport quad with reverse, fuel injection, and liquid cooling. I mainly do trails and open free style riding with some jumps, no mx stuff. The main reason i am asking this again is because a lot of people say the raptor is heavy. But when i look it up, they weigh the same. 425 wet for both bikes. The size is Damn near identical too, 1 tenth or so bigger here and there, the raptor is bigger, but nothing noticeable. So i was wondering which to do, mod or buy a new bike? And why people think the raptor is big when its the same size as the z? I will be buying new too. Thanks for your help.

RaptorIXI

2009 Suzuki LTZ-400 Stock

Edited by RaptorIXI

You will have to mod the crap out of the z400 to run next to the raptor and it will take a lot of $ and the raptor will be lot more reliable. If your looking for reliability and more power raptor. If you were happy with the power you have now I would say keep your bike the z400 are nice quads but if your looking for more power selling your bike and buying a raptor is much more practical and in the end probably not any more money considering how much it will be to maintain the z400 after you mod the crap out of the motor. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the reply. I have been thinking about this and I think I'm going to keep my quad. My z is my first and only quad I have ever owned. I think it has plenty of power but the child in me is screaming for more. I live in Florida and I don't mud. No dunes or big hills /mountains to have to worry about. So I think I'm just going to mod my bike. I'd love a raptor but i don't think I need it other than to satisfy my inner child and for bragging rights. I'm not going to do any engine work to it. Just bolt ons and what not. Start with a new air filter and air lid cover, followed by a full exhaust and programmer/tune. Should keep me happy. Thanks for the help.