New (2013 purchased 10/2014) CRF 150R won't come off idle

we just purchased a new 150R. It's been on the show floor since 2013 (no gas in the tank according to the salesman). It's for my Daughter. The bike wouldn't start when we picked it up. Once they got it started it bogged bad coming off idle and would die. They tinkered with it for a while and deem it "fixed now". It's still hard to start when cold and boggs bad coming off of idle and dies a lot. Very hard for a new rider to manage. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks in advance

we just purchased a new 150R. It's been on the show floor since 2013 (no gas in the tank according to the salesman). It's for my Daughter. The bike wouldn't start when we picked it up. Once they got it started it bogged bad coming off idle and would die. They tinkered with it for a while and deem it "fixed now". It's still hard to start when cold and boggs bad coming off of idle and dies a lot. Very hard for a new rider to manage. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks in advance

Sorry for not responding earlier, but there's a lot of noise in my life right now. The CRF150R/B is notoriously touchy about pilot (and to a lesser degree a/p) jetting, but I'd bet that there was gas in the bike before at one time. What I'd do is remove and clean the carb, and while it was apart, install a remote pilot screw (about $27 at Rocky Mountain ATV).

If you don't have a service manual, it would be a good investment, since the bike is relatively high maintenance, and not that hard to work on. Read some of the jetting threads on TT ( this would be a good one to start with: https://thumpertalk.com/topic/1061864-2007-crf150r-carbidle-issues), and alter the jetting for your climate and conditions. I've found that the FMF Snap does wonders for the CRF's carb, making it much less sensitive to small climate changes, much easier to dial in, and producing a much more rideable bottom-end pull. Good luck.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...