Should i sell the BRP?

So I love this bike and i will miss it if i do sell it. I haven't ridden much this year due to work and if i sell it it would get rid of my last bit of debt. But I'm starting to think these are rare and mine was in new condition when bough since the original owner bought it and parked it for 12 years. I think if i sell it i wont be able to find another. what do you guys think should i sell it or keep it for the fact there not made anymore. Its also street legal.

its extremely clean. Its one of those times in my life to where i can sell it and pay off a lot of debt or just deal with the debt and keep it. People have offered me 4k for it and iv said no. oh and its a 2001.

So I love this bike and i will miss it if i do sell it. I haven't ridden much this year due to work and if i sell it it would get rid of my last bit of debt. But I'm starting to think these are rare and mine was in new condition when bough since the original owner bought it and parked it for 12 years. I think if i sell it i wont be able to find another. what do you guys think should i sell it or keep it for the fact there not made anymore. Its also street legal.

They are rare. You do not see too many of them for sale around here. I have noticed that in the last 3 years or so, there are not as many xr650L's being sold also. Klr 650's...tons of them up for sale. If you really love bikes, they become apart of you. If you were selling it to buy another bike thats a different story. But to sell it to pay off some bills and be without a bike...you will be saying to yourself "  I should have kept it". :(

Edited by Thumper3

...But to sell it to pay off some bills and be without a bike...you will be saying to yourself

"I should have kept it"...

I agree with this 100%.

Living with debt is a way of life for most in North America now, [as well as overseas] and has been for quite a while.

Suppose you sell it, pay off some debt - and then 'life comes calling again' [like it has a tendency to do] and you need to buy or do something that puts you right back into some level of debt again - then what?

All of a sudden you're in the same position as you're in now  - BUT this time 'no BRP to ride' & enjoy and benefit from the stress relief that you now get from riding it.

Keep it - live with the debt that most of us are living with and avoid the "I should have kept it" blues.

Besides - to buy another one would most likely mean even more debt wouldn't it?

KEEP IT!

Edited by jimXR650L