Lowering the 2015 500exc

OK.. I'm reading about a shim in the rear shock rod...

This requires removing the shock.

Then disassemble the entire shock, with the oil gas & rod removed...

Not sure who I should have do that work ???

Pro suspension commercial type  tuning company ??

Lighter spring ( Easy enough )

Then we have some saying to shave the seat foam...

This would make the seat even harder....

As for the front end... slide the triple clamps to the second line ( easy fix for the front end ) , making sure not to get the ratio out of wack...

Wow....

You read me correctly, you cut the two legs that are downwards and that will give you a lower seat height. Heard it from a pro rider when asked what could i do to lower my wifes bike...

You need the suspension travel, yes you could get the lowering kit, but why spend the extra money

So how did cutting the subframe on your wife's bike workout for you?

Cutting a subframe is an option but be careful on how much. If the subframe is cut too much, the bolts and holes for the muffler might not line up. On my Suzuki, I had the suspension lower by having spacers put in the suspension. I have also had the seat shaved by SDG. I was told that when lowering the rear the ratio is 1-3. If you shorten the shock by 1 inch, you lower the rear by 3 inches. The front end is a 1-1 ratio. I chose this route because the suspension mod can be reversed. Once the subframe is cut there is no going back.

Good luck

We just finished my wife's 250xcf, lowered it an inch and a quarter. The bike is noticeably lower. We went out on our maiden voyage yesterday with it. Her riding improved 30% because she could no touch the ground.

Interesting enough, my buddy just bought a 15 500exc and it was sitting outside already lowered. Sitting in it was too easy as I could quite easily touch the ground nearly flat footed, this would never happen on my normal height 500exc...

I called Durelle racingtoday.... Donnie said it was going to be $625 for the set up including the rear shock and the forks Plus return shipping ... Re-valving and shorting the stroke 1"" .... Is that a bit high ??? Don't know .... I haven't shopped around yet..

The one advantage in shopping is to maybe get it setup on the east coast...

A little closer to save on shipping maybe...

I'm just not sure who to trust...

I'm sure about anyone can do it but if I'm going to do it I would like to do it once and it be right...

It doesn't sound that much if we are talking a re valve , spacers and shipping but I would ring around to get quotes , places like fc will replace all the bushes seals and dust seals every service do watch out for how much extra that will cost