125/144 pipe differences ?

I am in the process of building a RM 125-98 making it a 144.I have the cylinder ,piston and head done.Now I found a new HGS pipe at the dealer for cheap and I wonder if anybody know the differences between a real 144 pipe to a 125 pipe.Another problem I found is when putting the recommended YZ 144 piston in I have 2.8mm squish clearence.I will use the bike for woods mostly so maybe I can lower the cylinder 1mm and then reshape the head or change to a newer rod that is 2mm longer.Anybody?

144 pipe works better. I use a DEP.

I had this issue when changing pistons in my CR 144. Went from Eric Gorr's custom 144 piston, to the Yamaha YZ Wossner piston. The Wossner piston is .015" shorter top height. So I have Eric Gorr mill the base of my cylinder. He took .020" off, and cut my head for 100LL AvGas. So now my squish band is set to .035" and my bike rips.

If I am not misstaken DEP labels their pipes 125/144 atleast for YZ so that will not give a clue to differences.I have found that HGS makes a pure 144 pipe for the YZ but I don´t know where they differ from a 125 pipe.

its not that much of a displacement difference, that said its best to hear from others that have done the same upgrade and have used a 125 pipe then a 144 specific pipe to see if there is any gains to be had.

might not be worth spending money on a specific pipe if the gains are negligible.

I did put on the stock pipe to compare to the DEP 125/144 pipe after the big bore conversion before doing my first 144 topend. The DEP pipe way way better.  The stock pipe felt very restricted and did not feel as good as it did before the 144 conversion.