Graham Jarvis set up

So nobody has a clue? Or nobody has seen Jarvis hop his 300 around on rocks?

I made a similar comment about Shane Watt's bike.  In video, it seems to bottom out easily like Jarvis's bike seems to do.

If I had to guess, I suspect they are running stiffer springs in combination with light(er) compression and rebound damping.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy

As far as i know (I asked him) his suspension is stock, he has mad skills so it could be,

I also asked Chris Birch and his answer was one or 2 shims changed,  if i remember

Jarvis borrowed a bike that Chilly White (www.enduro360.com) was testing for a US event.  Jarvis brought forks and a shock with him to replace the stock units on the borrowed bike.

Maybe I should clarify, I have not seen the video or bike in the above post , I made the comment on a 300 he rode in the roof of Africa, same with Birch,

I still find it hard to believe they ride stock or close to stock,

My personal opinion is that it doesnt make much of a difference between modified ktm enduro suspension and stock, they both feel like a very well ridden Kawasaki KDX suspension, which makes it even harder to believe they run stock haha

My personal opinion is that it doesnt make much of a difference between modified ktm enduro suspension and stock, they both feel like a very well ridden Kawasaki KDX suspension, which makes it even harder to believe they run stock haha

WP stuff is really good these days. The stock CC forks on my Berg are the best forks I've ever seen.

I believe the stiffer spring rate and lighter valving as well. Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Crosspower

• 3 years later...

Thread of olde, RISE AGAIN!

From what I've heard, Graham rides mostly stock bikes, with different/custom suspension components: shock and/or fork.  The way he rides though.. I have to think he at least dials the rebound damping way back.  I've seen him do/teach a few drills where riders stand on the pegs, engine off, and bounce the front end up & down enough for the tire to get 3-5 inches off the ground.  Goal of the drill is to keep feet on pegs, and bounce the front wheel to balance.  I'm a bigger guy (6'1" 200lbs) and in good shape, I cannot do this without dialing rebound damping way back, you simply don't have enough 'boing'.  Given, Graham has a LOT more talent..  but still, I don't think he's riding anything close to the KTM/Husky recommended suspension settings.