Milky/flakey oil

I just bout a 2013 kx250f and it runs great. I drain the oil and it comes out milky and looks like there is a little metal sparkles in it. It has 25 ours on it and he said he changed the oil and filter every 8 but idk. It has been wrecked and the right radiator is banged up but still functional. Idk I coolant is getting in the oil or if its all metal, but if it is all metal is that normal for a fairly new bike? And what could it be from? Any thoughts or info would help. Thanks ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1415040980.381522.jpg

Put fresh oil in. New oil filter. Confirm the radiator is full.

Ride (not idle in the driveway) for at least 20 minutes, get the engine hot. Listen for any abnormal sounds (if you hear any, stop riding IMMEDIATELY)

Drain the oil, recheck for moisture and metalics. When the engine is finally cool, recheck coolant level.

Some metal 'silverish' is expected. Not a lot. Moisture can come from running the engine,m not getting it fully heaterd then shutting it down. The mositure that accumulates in the engine never gets a chance ot 'boli off' and eventually milky oil.

However............ it is possible the seller cooked the engine and dumped the disaster on your hands. The above will tell you if you need to look further (engine leak down test, radiator pressure test, pull cams to inspect journals).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After wet rides before I routed my case breather hose into my air box I'd get milky oil sometimes. It only takes a few drops of water to do that. Pretty sure stalling my bike in a puddle deep enough to cover that vent hose before the re rout and kicking it over caused a little suction therefor getting water in the case. If you don't experience milky oil next change after dry riding I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you get milky oil again. Refer to Williams post.