Opinions on Tech 7 Boots?

After a dissapointing summer with Tech 3's, I gave Alpinestars another chance and went with a pair of Tech 7's.  Although the Tech 3's fit fine, they seem to be breaking down quickly and I hate the buckles.  I also took out a chunk of rubber on the side of the sole with my foot peg (difficult to repair).  The 7's seem to be better in every way I want but I havn't rode on them yet.  My concern is that the buckles will open when a branch of twig hits them, especially the top one which faces forward.

Any opinions on the Tech 7 or alternatives in the similar price and performance range?

After a dissapointing summer with Tech 3's, I gave Alpinestars another chance and went with a pair of Tech 7's.  Although the Tech 3's fit fine, they seem to be breaking down quickly and I hate the buckles.  I also took out a chunk of rubber on the side of the sole with my foot peg (difficult to repair).  The 7's seem to be better in every way I want but I havn't rode on them yet.  My concern is that the buckles will open when a branch of twig hits them, especially the top one which faces forward.

Any opinions on the Tech 7 or alternatives in the similar price and performance range?

I ride a lot and my Tech 7s are like 2 years old.  That being said, they have taken a lot of abuse and I expect they will be lasting for quite some time more.  I know the buckle system has been recently re-designed, but I haven't had a lot of problems with any of my old style buckles.  Some have became unbuckled, but it isn't normally that top forward facing one.  It's really a solid boot and I will likely by another pair of 7's when my current ones are finally done.