Trip 1 in Computer will not stay on

Can't find anything the the manual on the Computer setup to address this

I 'save' T1 in the setup, but as soon as I shut off the bike and re-start it, it is gone.

I am unable to log my Trip 1 miles if I shut the bike off during a ride.

The Total Hours and Miles are displaying normally.

Clues?

I recall something about how only speed/odometer or hours (can't remember which) are active on the trip computer from the factory, and you have to 'enable' the other functions, and there was some trick to that, I'd have to look again to be sure.

Or are you saying you've done that, and T1 just won't stay active?

Yeah, in the manual it shows you how to 'turn on' certain features, including the trip meters.

...but it won't stay on like on my buddies bike.

I'm going to assume that there is switched power, constant power, and battery power for the computer, and that the constant power is no longer connected......

Yeah, in the manual it shows you how to 'turn on' certain features, including the trip meters.

...but it won't stay on like on my buddies bike.

I'm going to assume that there is switched power, constant power, and battery power for the computer, and that the constant power is no longer connected......

Hmm... could be? I just picked up a 15 500 EXC last week. I changed the trip computer, and then afterwards unhooked my battery to swap in the Shorai that used to be in my WR. Anyhoo... the battery was obviously disconnected, but I did not lose the correct time, my trip meters etc. So something must be supplying some juice there besides the battery, and it would seem like it's not on your bike?