Scenic places to ride in Texas?

Best thing about Texas: It's close to Colorado. And Arkansas.

Seriously, what part of the state are you in?

And I'm seriously considering the WR450 myself, so let us know how that works out for you.

Edited by Filipe

Get a green sticker for your bike if you haven't done so already. You can't ride Sam Houston without one, although I don't know if you need one since you have a "dual sport". Sam Houston is awesome, haven't been yet unfortunately though. There's a great riding area on Pelican Island, thousands of open acres, great for learning to ride. If you ever want to ride sometime, PM me, I'm out in Katy and need riding buddies.

You DO need a green sticker with a plated bike at Sam Houston. Plus $5/day to ride/park.

I've only ridden there in the pouring rain, 100% humidity, hot, so... not a real good intro, but I'll bet it's fun, and I'll be back (I'm in Dallas).

Best thing about Texas: It's close to Colorado. And Arkansas.

Seriously, what part of the state are you in?

And I'm seriously considering the WR450 myself, so let us know how that works out for you.

arkansas is a shit state don't ever disrespect texas like that again, I agree with it being good that it's close to Colorado tho
  • Like 1

Arkansas has some great riding trails and some kick a$$ white water kayaking about 4 hours from my driveway. It also has some really nice people if you look in the right places. 

You know, I was born and raised in Texas and lived here my whole life and I can't WAIT to get out. Only green thing here is the money. (BTW, you'll be relieved that I'm not moving to Arkansas)

Oh, the other green thing is the 'Green Sticker'... the OHV sticker... thru 2015.

Edited by Filipe

Arkansas has some great riding trails and some kick a$$ white water kayaking about 4 hours from my driveway. It also has some really nice people if you look in the right places.

You know, I was born and raised in Texas and lived here my whole life and I can't WAIT to get out. Only green thing here is the money. (BTW, you'll be relieved that I'm not moving to Arkansas)

Oh, the other green thing is the 'Green Sticker'... the OHV sticker... thru 2015.

why would you want to leave we have everything that all the other states have except for maybe like full on mountains

why would you want to leave we have everything that all the other states have except for maybe like full on mountains

1. No full on mountains.

2. 105 degrees in June, July, August and September.

3. 9 year long drought... so far.

4. 6,300,000 unruly neighbors just in my town alone (Utah in comparison has 1.8 mil in the entire STATE).

5. Riding and kayaking buddies have all moved to the full on mountains.

6. Did I mention no full on mountains?

• Like 1

1. No full on mountains.

2. 105 degrees in June, July, August and September.

3. 9 year long drought... so far.

4. 6,300,000 unruly neighbors just in my town alone (Utah in comparison has 1.8 mil in the entire STATE).

5. Riding and kayaking buddies have all moved to the full on mountains.

6. Did I mention no full on mountains?

if you have 6.3 mil neighbors you don't live in a town you live in a metro city like houston or some shit
  • Like 2

I live in the panhandle near Amarillo. When I need a mountain fix I go over to Red River, new Mexico. I prefer the extra months with heat over freezing my sack off 8 months of the year. Besides, ever other state wants what we have..... a self sufficient, energy supplying , booming economy! Been alot of places but wouldn't call another state home!

• Like 2

I live in the panhandle near Amarillo. When I need a mountain fix I go over to Red River, new Mexico. I prefer the extra months with heat over freezing my sack off 8 months of the year. Besides, ever other state wants what we have..... a self sufficient, energy supplying , booming economy! Been alot of places but wouldn't call another state home!

i swear the only other place I would ever live would be california only if and when it becomes less of a liberal hot zone Edited by JohnCameron
  • Like 1

AMEN brutha!!!! 👍

• Like 1