Chest Protectors For Tall People

Hello,

Does anyone know of a company that makes chest protectors for tall people?  I'm 6'5 and I am still using a XL Acerbis chest protector from the 90's.  Problem is, even though it fits me perfect, it looks so out dated.  I purchased the Leatt 3DF protector.  The back protector was great, however, the chest protector part was a joke.  Hardly covered anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm looking for something that will work either over the jersey or under.  I know beggars  can't be choosers.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Tekvest's latest offering (Crossover) is cut taller for stand-up riding, and they can custom build to your size.

It's a tall vest to begin with, and the -tall sizes are ... really tall. 

When it comes to protection, they work well.  Crash-tested several times, dirt and snow.  Crossover and Freestyle are their two most heavily ventilated products, and the Crossover flows way more air than the Freestyle does.

DSC_4055_-L.jpg

DSC_4069_-L.jpg

• 7 months later...

Rekindling an old thread!

I'm 6'4" looking for a decent chest/back protector. Don't really want a full "suit" style. Anyone have ideas what fits well? I have trouble finding anything that goes below my sternum. Lookin for impalement protecting more than anything as I ride tight woods hills

Edited by RyeMc

I'm 6'4" and recently went from the fox airframe to the atlas defender. The defender works well with or without neck brace and can be worn over or under jersey. It's the most adjustable I've seen yet for big guys and I couldn't be happier with the switch.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Fox airframe seems the largest.. but it's not the greatest ..especially for side impact.. I have the old acerbis xl with the above hip protection on both sides of the back.. but mine is old and ragged.. and they don't make those anymore.. I don't know what gives.. There are a lot of guys taller than I am... I'm thinking that maybe I'm going to have to construct my own  ..adapting something from what I have or just piecing parts from different chest protectors.. it's kind of lame.. seems like fox airframe has the best coverage and the only game in town.. 

6'2" here, Fox Airframe fits me well.

Fox airframe seems the largest.. but it's not the greatest ..especially for side impact.. I have the old acerbis xl with the above hip protection on both sides of the back.. but mine is old and ragged.. and they don't make those anymore.. I don't know what gives.. There are a lot of guys taller than I am... I'm thinking that maybe I'm going to have to construct my own  ..adapting something from what I have or just piecing parts from different chest protectors.. it's kind of lame.. seems like fox airframe has the best coverage and the only game in town.. 

Well, if the Airframe fits.......Maybe this will be sized similar (just saw this yesterday)....