The new (oil injected) X-Trainer 300 has been revealed in Milan yesterday.

http://www.enduro360.com/2014/11/02/featured/beta-x-trainer-300/

I'm leaving for Milan today (work stuffs) but i wil be at EICMA saturday to take a look.

If you have specific questions, i can ask...

...so oil injected..no kick starter.. 300..2 stroke...comes with  fan ..any more info anyone?  How about price?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

...so oil injected..no kick starter.. 300..2 stroke...comes with fan ..any more info anyone? How about price?

The kick starter is available as an option.

• Like 2

It's popularity will depend on price and reliability. KTM Freeride isn't very good in either of those categories. 

Do you know the price in Italy?

How much did they 'detune' the engine?

What's the wight?

It will probably be a great choice for some people.

I'd still rather have an RR and a Rev/Evo.

beta-xtrainer_10714360_10152329966711152

• Like 1

Dang that's a sweet looking bike. I would love to have that for just trail riding. Heck, those 300s don`t need kick start. I never need mine and I bet that thing would be almost impossible to stall.

Edited by David C

Had a good look at it Sunday and Monday.

It's a nice well put together package.

Going to be a very nice play trail bike.

Think around 37 hp nice tame smooth torque motor.

Beta-Built single cyl,2 stroke,liquid cooled, BPV power valve, and a magic button

Bore 72mm

stroke72mm

disp 293.1cc

comp ratio  11.3:1

Exh Valve  Beta Progressive (BPV)

ing AC-CDI Kokusan

Spark Plug NGK GR&CI8

Lub Electronic Oil Injection

Carb Keihn PWK 36MM

Trans  6 speed

Final  drive O-Ring Chain

Chassis

Frame  Molydbenum Steel/ Parameter-Style W/ quick ait filter access.

Wheel base 57.8

Seat height 35.8"

Ground Clearence 12.6"

Footrest height 15.4"

Dry weight 218 lbs

Fuel tank 2.25 US gal

Front Suspension 43mm Inverted with rebound,& spring preload adjustment.

Rear Suspension Steel body shock w/ adj rebound and comp

Front wheel travel 10.6"

Rear wheel travel  10.6"

front brake 260mm floating rotor

Rear Brake 240mm rotor

Front/Rear rim 21" front 18" rear

Front?rear tire Soft Enduro Competition

Warranty 6 Months Limited Warranty

MSRP US  $6999.00

Specifications subject to change without notice.

This is all I have on it.  Quessing March or april.

Later George

• Like 1

only $1k difference with full power 300RR... i don't see a point at this price. and plenty of leftover gasgas 300 around for less than $7k...   now if it would be $5k...

It's popularity will depend on price and reliability. KTM Freeride isn't very good in either of those categories. 

Do you know the price in Italy?

How much did they 'detune' the engine?

What's the wight?

It will probably be a great choice for some people.

I'd still rather have an RR and a Rev/Evo.

beta-xtrainer_10714360_10152329966711152

It's super early.. but it looks promising.  If the motor is set up even more toward trials type setup low end and the price is lower it looks like a good recipe. Extreme type enduro setup  is what it looks like and that's what a lot of guys like around here. 

only $1k difference with full power 300RR... i don't see a point at this price. and plenty of leftover gasgas 300 around for less than $7k...   now if it would be $5k...

Well I think the point is it is NOT a GasGas, but more of a simplistic, easier to ride trail bike, better slow speed balance, more tractable, oil injection, while something many do not subscribe to, but many do! there are many out there that are intimidated by a full power enduro.

I think it will be a "alternative" machine, as a easy start, no worries kind of enduro for the intimidated may work!

Edited by MarkBevans
  • Like 4

This looks like a perfect bike for guys like me! I had to dump a lot of money into my KTM300 to get it detuned and lowered for my kind of riding. Electric start and oil injection are a real big plus!

Of course lets get ready for the complainers here who will have negative comments. I'm sure the number 1 complaint will be weight. Unless it puts out over 40 HP and weighs under 200 lbs, it just won't be good enough for some.

• Like 8

http://origin.library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1103837443653-1142/2015+CrossTrainer+specs.pdf

Beta USA, Inc.
November 4, 2014        Beta Creates a New Enduro Segment  
Press Release;
For Immediate Release
Paso Robles, CA

Beta has revolutionized the enduro market with a bike that is compact, light, and easy to ride.

Meet the Xtrainer.

Xtrainer (aka, Cross Trainer) is the only true "All-Around, Entry Level" enduro bike in the market. It is the perfect bike for riders who wish to play ride without the intimidation of a full size enduro machine or for the expert rider looking to enhance their technical skills.

Our engineers saw the need to build a bike that defines fun, a motorcycle that is perfect for newcomers becoming involved with the wonderful world of enduro riding. The Xtrainer offers excellent performance while at the same time is easy to ride.

Features include a smaller deltabox frame which provides a lower seat height and a low center of gravity. Add to this a 43mm front fork along with a dedicated rear shock and you have a bike that is agile and easy to control which builds rider's confidence.

"We have been working on the Xtrainer for a few years, the idea was not to copy the competition but rather develop a bike for a market that we felt was being missed, the entry-level enduro or off road bike. After riding the Xtrainer I realized how cool it is to ride a motorcycle off road that has such usable and easy to manage power can be. The bike is just plain fun!" Tim Pilg, Beta USA Marketing Manager.   

The chassis is mated to an engine that is from the popular 300 RR only designed to offer a power that is more linear and progressive making the bike more docile. Our engineers then added electronically controlled oil injection to provide the perfect oil/gas mixture thus eliminating the need to premix.

So if you want to learn enduro, or if you want to improve your enduro technical skills, the Xtrainer is what you need. The first true enduro bike for everyone.

Xtrainer; the true definition of Fun!

Key Features:

-All-New Deltabox frame designed to be more compact

-Super Smooth, 300 cc 2 stroke engine with adjustable powervalve

-Special "torque" exhaust system

-Electric start

-Cooling fan  

-Electronic oil injection (no need to pre-mix)

-35.8" seat height

-10% smaller frame and overall size (compared to a standard Enduro model) 

-Light, 218 lb. dry weight  

• Like 1

From what I can see so far Tiki Cycles will not be able to keep them in stock.. If guys see this they will sell out. Let's see.. a grand less.. a little smaller.. more linear power band to what I thought was the most linear power band bike in the 300 rr... Beta's will fill the mountains and gulches. It has a quality estart.. everyone I think will buy the kick starter to add on. Beta is going to clean up I think. This looks like a great single track bike.. plus there are a bunch of guys that aren't tall that want a lower smaller bike... sort of like the older gasgas. I know our gasgas dealer was making these hybrid gasgas with the pampera motor in a small 125 gasgas frame.. or some other smaller frame anyway and that is a trick hard enduro tight riding bike.. This looks similar and you can buy it off the showroom floor with a radiator fan and estart.. and a warranty.. I know Tiki Cycles will have a bunch of orders. I'm not really into the oil injection so much . I'd rather still mix gas..but I don't know.. maybe it's all good. I remember long long ago when the oil injection on the enduro 175's  etc. yamahas of the early 70's would be taken off would be taken off to eliminate the chance of the injection failing.. but that was a long long time ago.. and this is 2014. If the bike even works half way decent I think Beta is going to clean up. This is a great concept and I don't see another bike that would really compete with this.. ktm freeride? are they bringing those in?.. even so the ktm starter isn't too good. I wouldn't buy that just because of that.  ...and if the motor is even more like a trials bike?.. This will sell.. huge I think.. 

• Like 5

That's the point it is entry level.

Not everyone is an accomplished rider as yourself.

Many, many buy way to much motorcycle for their abilities, they get hurt, have trouble 

not riding but being ridden by the bike,then QUIT the sport, or just park it.

Perfect for the Dad who has young ones comming up and wants to go riding with them, his full blown mega buck tricked out race bike just doesn't want to go that slow to stay with the kids.  Along with the constant overheating when just putting around.

Usto be you could ride Dad's bike when you could start it today it's different the magic button ruined that.

This is not a racer it's a solid Cross/ Trainer.

They built it for that reason.

Later George

• Like 8

This looks like a perfect bike for guys like me! I had to dump a lot of money into my KTM300 to get it detuned and lowered for my kind of riding. Electric start and oil injection are a real big plus!

Of course lets get ready for the complainers here who will have negative comments. I'm sure the number 1 complaint will be weight. Unless it puts out over 40 HP and weighs under 200 lbs, it just won't be good enough for some.

Older gasgas are heavy but still excellent bikes and lower. Gasgas are known for being the best in the ugliest terrain.. I think this rolls right into that niche. Now the newer gasgas are bigger and maybe heavier. To some extent I think they are going backwards for a certain clientele that aren't tall. It will be great when one of these things become available to actually ride. Then we'll know what's up with how it works. Actually I think this is an exciting bike.. mainly because I think it should work well for where I ride.

• Like 2

Weight and size are a big deal. When I got my `13 250, a big reason was it was the lowest, lightest, had smoker simplicity, and reliable estart, with kick backup. I don't think it would be bad HS bike for our courses. Heck for a 50 y/o 5`9" 160lb Super Senior B class rider, it could be perfect.

• Like 5

After seeing the bike in person I can't add too much to what has already been said. It looks like a pretty cool bike to me!  I've ridden the Sherco X-Ride and even though I'm a trials guy I didn't really like it.

As for my own little things, I would remove the oil injection. I just like less parts and simplicity on my bikes and I have other 2 strokes so having separate gas wouldn't make sense. I would also install a kickstarter.

As for the price... I think $1,000 lower than a RR sounds like a heck of a deal!  It doesn't have any cheap parts that should make it cheaper at all.

• Like 2