Tammie:  What mount plate did you use for the Emperor handguards?  I checked their site and didn't see anything listed for the Beta's.  Thanks.

sorry I just realized in the other column on the receipt it says "MK 07" for the hand guard mounts.......... and HG6-BK for the actually guards..... so there ya go MK 07 is what you need. 

Took the headlight off is the large connector with 6 wires control the kill switch? Or the one with 3 wires .....it was loose but I can see why it's reported coming loose it is not positively locked together the large 6 wire connector can be undone quite easy.....regardless can't seem to recreate my kill switch not working again so guess it's ok for now?

FYI - The kill switch is in the 6 wire connector. The 3 wire one is for the turn signal wiring.
  • Like 1

Took the headlight off is the large connector with 6 wires control the kill switch? Or the one with 3 wires .....it was loose but I can see why it's reported coming loose it is not positively locked together the large 6 wire connector can be undone quite easy.....regardless can't seem to recreate my kill switch not working again so guess it's ok for now?

According to the wiring diagram in the owner's manual it's the 6 wire connector.  The engine stop switch wires are the white wire with black stripe and the black wire.  When connected (circuit closed) the engine should stop.

EDIT:  Whoops... I didn't see the previously reply with the same answer before I made mine.

Edited by wwguy

Hey danceswithtrees are you also running a JD Kit and what is your elevation?

Edit - Got the bike running better with the blue needle at #3 position and 1.5 turns, 55 degrees outside. I just can't believe how sensitive it is though because once it dipped 10 degrees the same issue occurred again. The JD kit says to move it to #4 45 degrees and below....I can't wait until some consistent weather. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Ride_Flip_Repeat

Hey danceswithtrees are you also running a JD Kit and what is your elevation?

Edit - Got the bike running better with the blue needle at #3 position and 1.5 turns, 55 degrees outside. I just can't believe how sensitive it is though because once it dipped 10 degrees the same issue occurred again. The JD kit says to move it to #4 45 degrees and below....I can't wait until some consistent weather. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah I had the JD kit in my XT and went by their recommended settings and it ran perfect, always, through a pretty wide temp range.  I rode it from late August until late October so maybe 80 degrees down to 40 with no issues.  I'm at about 1500 ft.  Strange that yours is so sensitive, mine wasn't, are you sure everything's clean?

Managed to bend my stock brake lever yesterday.  Stock are fine although a bit long.  Prefer the one or two finger clutch/brake levers but not really looking to spend a lot either.  Anyone recommend a decent set of levers for the money?  Thanks

Thanks but since I'm replacing the anyway, hoping to get something shorter than OEM... Although it is nice to know that levers from other bikes should fit the XT.

Anything that fit the bikes on the lists will fit the XT. Simple as that.

• Like 1

It is now the month of May. My bike will be delivered this month! For those of you who purchased the bike, how long did the bike sit at BetaUSA in California before they shipped it via ground to your dealer. The guy at BetaUSA said that my dealer will know 10 days prior to the bike arriving in California at BetaUSA but I might have misunderstood that. I was told the middle of May to the end of May is when the bike will arrive here at the dealer in Texas. What has been your experiences as far as a timeline. Beta shipped out a batch of 4 strokes last week and now they are making some xtrainers including mine. I am getting ancy and would feel better with some definitive times that it took you guys to get yours.

It's largely depends on how many bikes need to get ready to ship to your dealer.  Mine had an estimated arrival of March 2015 and did not get it until May.  Part of it was due to US port congestion.  It should be fine now.  Since these bikes are imported, Beta won't know until after receiving them into their facility.  I'd say plan on late May.  If you get a call from your dealer sooner, you'll be happy.

It's largely depends on how many bikes need to get ready to ship to your dealer. Mine had an estimated arrival of March 2015 and did not get it until May. Part of it was due to US port congestion. It should be fine now. Since these bikes are imported, Beta won't know until after receiving them into their facility. I'd say plan on late May. If you get a call from your dealer sooner, you'll be happy.

My bike is the only one coming in to the dealer. The dealer got it allocated to him early in the year.

My bike is the only one coming in to the dealer. The dealer got it allocated to him early in the year.

My apologies for the Chinglish that I put out.  Here is what I meant to say:

1) It depends on how many other dealers' orders ahead of your dealer.

2) The allocation from early this year is an estimate only. The key is when will Beta USA receive the shipment from Italy.  Only after Beta USA received the shipment, they will have the shipping plan for your dealer.

Rest assure, Beta USA want to ship them out a.s.a.p. as capital sitting in house is no good for business.  Hope you have better weather than we do here in Colorado  ?

It is now the month of May. My bike will be delivered this month! For those of you who purchased the bike, how long did the bike sit at BetaUSA in California before they shipped it via ground to your dealer. The guy at BetaUSA said that my dealer will know 10 days prior to the bike arriving in California at BetaUSA but I might have misunderstood that. I was told the middle of May to the end of May is when the bike will arrive here at the dealer in Texas. What has been your experiences as far as a timeline. Beta shipped out a batch of 4 strokes last week and now they are making some xtrainers including mine. I am getting ancy and would feel better with some definitive times that it took you guys to get yours.

mine took a month longer than the dealer said it would take it wreked my late season

My apologies for the Chinglish that I put out. Here is what I meant to say:

2) The allocation from early this year is an estimate only. The key is when will Beta USA receive the shipment from Italy. Only after Beta USA received the shipment, they will have the shipping plan for your dealer.

Rest assure, Beta USA want to ship them out a.s.a.p. as capital sitting in house is no good for business. Hope you have better weather than we do here in Colorado ?

I hope everything goes smoothly and I get a call soon. As far as the weather it could not be worse here. Major flooding in my area and the trails have been closed for almost 2 weeks now. Makes waiting a little easier

My apologies for the Chinglish that I put out. Here is what I meant to say:

2) The allocation from early this year is an estimate only. The key is when will Beta USA receive the shipment from Italy. Only after Beta USA received the shipment, they will have the shipping plan for your dealer.

Rest assure, Beta USA want to ship them out a.s.a.p. as capital sitting in house is no good for business. Hope you have better weather than we do here in Colorado ?

When I called BetaUSA the sales guy recognized my dealer and said the bike was being sent to him for sure. I hope the wait does not extend into June or even worse, July. I sold my other bike today so I have nothing to ride. Weather does not permit quality riding right now anyways so it is not so bad